• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another Olight Review (H1R Nova)

In God We Trust

NES Member
This light is another great addition to the Olight line. It is reminiscent of the old Army angle head flashlights, but so much smaller and brighter. Olight includes a head strap in the package, but it also has a pocket clip. When clipped to my belt or the front of my shirt, the angled head of the light lit up my path really well without a lot of movement. The head strap if very comfortable though and adjusts well to fit my large head without being tight.

This light has some cool features (most are standard for Olight) such as a dim "moonlight mode" which is good for reading in the dark, and a "Turbo mode" which is the brightest setting. It also has regular low, medium, high and an SOS strobe feature. The light comes with a magnetic USB charger, (very easy to use) a head strap, pocket clip and a pouch to store it all in.

This is not a complaint, but be advised that the spread on the beam is very wide. The picture of the beam I included below is on the highest setting. I was standing about 20 feet away from the wall just to give you an idea of the beam spread. while this is nice in a headlamp that is meant to light your way, it doesn't illuminate very far like some of the larger tactical type lights do. The H1R Nova is small and light enough that carrying it as a backup light in your pack isn't a problem.

https://www.amazon.com/Bundle-Rechargeable-Multi-use-Illumination-Headlamp/dp/B01N0VTXJ5/ref=cm_aya_orig_subj

http://www.olightstore.com/led-flashlights/headlamps/olight-h1r-nova

View attachment 188816
ee93449028eb19bdf251d11b0d46db5e.jpg
38de30d21da5c4484e47f65cc3297106.jpg
82f0bd4bb464c7a65fd2f9f313af3644.jpg
18880ac85411667d3436fc38d08ef24c.jpg
096a1d198843c79fbd25e0f5ce69f97d.jpg

Last edited:
Nice write up and pictures. This is my next light purchase. I just recently purchased my first Olight S1 Baton, which is a fantastic light, but realized I should have just purchased the H1R as the angle, head strap, and recharge ability would suit my needs better. My plan is for this H1R to go in my IFAK as I know when I need first aid supplies, a good amount of torch light will be critical.

Thanks,

Jay

Back
Top Bottom