Smelly Boots?

Cluster F

USMC Veteran
NES Member
So not a tacticool item but I picked up this product at trippis in Shrews but I bought a second one at Walmart. I wear boots all day long at my dept and composite toe side zipper boots are not cheap for a good pair. It got bad when I can smell em just sitting down haha. I figured I'd give this a try. After using it a few times I've noticed I don't smell em anymore. So far its a great product

Ive got an old one of those that never did much good but then again I tried it on my boat shoes and there was no taking the smell out of those..

put them out in the cold for the next couple days. It will kill the zombie bacteria in them. i have ad great luck with freezing the smell out of my boots. It will come back in a while but nothing will stop that.

I'm gonna try this, My boots are awful!! I can smell them standing in them. When i take them off, it literally smells like Dog ****.

I have the same issue with my TruSpec zip-ups. Usually just give them a good dusting with baking soda, but I might just have to try this stuff.

Best advice I can offer is to get one of those Peet Boot Dryers - put them on there every night, and have dry, warm boots in the morning. And fill the boots with old fashioned Lysol, so it kills the germs that grow in moist dark areas.... um, yeah, I'll leave that one right there.

I don't wear boots but my shoes used to get pretty bad. Throwing them in the wash every month or so helps along with lysol on occasion.

Not mentioned yet was something I was told by a podiatrist and has worked wonders for my son and I: antiperspirant. Doesn't have to be fragranced or a deodorant but make sure it is antiperspirant. I keep seperate stick just for my feet and will put it on in the morning before the socks. Keeps the feet dryer, shoes less smelly and my skin tears/cracks less.

i've used baking soda in my boots in the past, put some in at night, and shake it out in the AM, smells great. Also like Nectaris says, antiperspirant works wonders, I use the spray can type. spray my feet in the morning, and I'm good all day.

Back
Top Bottom