• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recommendations on Boots (work/outdoors)

I am looking for boots for everyday use. Something that will work good both on the shop floor but also be good outdoors. I have never bought a good pair of work boots before, only cheap Wally world stuff and I am sick of them. So any recommendations? Chippewa, Rocky....

I work outdoors and stand for most of the day. I have worn nothing but Red Wings. A bit pricey, but well worth it. Great warranty also. Good Luck.

I found that you really have to see what works for you personally. I have a few friends that love redwings as well and while the quality is fantastic, they were very uncomfortable on my feet. I started buying rockys and I've had good luck with those.

Chippewa makes great boots, as does Red Wing. I used to blow through Timberlands every 8 months, my current Chippewas have just gone over 2 years and I'm just about ready to replace em.

I'm not sure if you can find them around here but I have a pair of Justins that are awesome. Very comfortable and durable. I like them because the soles aren't overly pokey, they're mostly smooth but they still have a great grip.

Redwings or Thorogoods. Thousands of Ironworkers can't be wrong.
I buy my Thorogoods here: Working Person Store

When you find a boot you like and are sure about it, buy 2 pair.
Then alternate each pair daily. The boots will last up to four times longer.

Back
Top Bottom