Damn you Bubba!

SKS Ray

NES Member
I went to a local gun shop today and found what looked like a few nice rifles untill I saw that someone bubba'ed them up.[sad2] A pretty nice 03 Springfield first caught my eye. Nice parked finish, clean bore, then an old timer came over and started pointing out the "alterations" someone did to the rifle. Bayonet lug chopped off, stock hacked up, etc. For the price they were asking and what I'd pay in parts to make it correct, it still may turn out to be an investment though. Especially since the CMP is out of 03s now and gun show/shop prices normally fetch upwards of 700 to 800 dollars for clean rifles.
Then I saw what looked like a Chinese military SKS complete with redish fiberglass stock and all. Careful examination found missmatched parts and an old import stamp from Century. Biggest shocker... it wasn't Chinese but Romanian. Wheres the original wood furniture Bubba? [frown]

I have an 03A3 that was turned by a gunsmith (E A Lander) into a thing
of beauty (IMHO) 45 years ago. Whenever I see a bubba'd up gun I think
about what they could have done if they had only let someone with some skills
do the job.

F

Everyone will agree with those comments!! And wouldent you like to get ahold of the Nit-Wit that Vibrapeen,s his Name or Social security number on the
reciever or BBl or Grip frame Etc:
Wouldn,t you like to Bugger that dude with a hot Bayonet!! S.D.

rstpdp.jpg

M44-03MkII.JPG

Same diff in my book. I just don't get it.

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

I'm not into bubbaing guns that aren't readily replaceable, but it sure is fun and a good way to learn. What's wrong with sporterizing a mosin into an ugly scout rifle? They made tons of em...

I'm not into bubbaing guns that aren't readily replaceable, but it sure is fun and a good way to learn. What's wrong with sporterizing a mosin into an ugly scout rifle? They made tons of em...

Different strokes for different folks. It's not my cup of tea and it bothers me to see something fairly collectible that's Bubba'ed but hey, it's yours, do what you want with it.

Is that really a freakin' Delorean on big wheels? [shocked]

Indeed, the article I ripped the pic from calls the car "D-Rex" [rolleyes]
I can't find any info on what's been done to it, but I can't imagine the 6-pack POS that Don Delorean fit BEHINDE the rear axel could turn those big wheels.

and adweisbe, I don't see anything WRONG with sporterizing a Mosin Nagant (or any of the other uber common mil surpluses) I'm just saying "I don't get it"

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Back
Top Bottom