CZ75b matte stainless or polished? Preban mags?

You loaded a 380 case by mistake? Or am I misinterpreting lol. That's one of my biggest concerns when loading 9mm as I've came across a couple 380 cases mixed in my bag of cleaned/tumbled 9mm brass. Fortunately I noticed it before dumping powder and seating the bullet.

Depending on the press you have the .380s wont fit in the 9mm shellholder. Usually my dillon would fling them out of the press on the priming stroke.

-Mike

Depending on the press you have the .380s wont fit in the 9mm shellholder. Usually my dillon would fling them out of the press on the priming stroke.

-Mike

I have the Hornady LNL. It does fit in the 9mm shellholder but faily loose. I noticed only because when I went to size the case, there's was literally no resistance and I knew something wasn't right so I checked the case afterwards and sure enough it was a 380.

yes went through my 650, its oal is the same as the 9mm, so pressure would theoretically be the same, and its OAL would prevent it from fitting in a .380 mag.

Last edited:
David from Cajun Gun Works called me earlier today to let me know my gun is on the workbench today and will be shipped out to me no later than Friday! It should arrive by Tuesday. Very professional and friendly guy. He explained how nice this gun is going to be and he stands behind his work and will replace any parts that wear out over time - which he says is very unlikely. Talked for about 20 minutes but anyway, I can't wait to get my CZ back!

Possible preban mag up for sale on gunbroker. I know a few people were interested in getting some. Can't guarantee its a preban but looking at the 3 holes on the side of the mag and the two indentations on the side, looks almost indentical to the group buy mags.

group buy mags:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=466623444

current auction:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=476575991

Might be worth contacting the seller with any further info on the mag. Might be worth a $30 gamble?

Last edited:
Well I spoke with David yesterday and he was getting behind in work so my gun isn't shipping until today and I should have on Thursday. Also told me that the SA pull is 3.5 lb, the DA pull is 7 lb, and the reset has been reduced significantly (3.5-4mm of travel). This is going to be one sweet shooting gun. According to him, the stainless CZ parts are machined much better than the standard models which was great to hear as well.

Really nice guy and kept thanking me for my business. He's no longer accepting any work for the next month to catch up on work.

I recently got a Czechmate pair. Upgraded the Limited set up with fiber front, adjustable rear, blue tactical grips and blue trigger. Eh?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 30
I recently got a Czechmate pair. Upgraded the Limited set up with fiber front, adjustable rear, blue tactical grips and blue trigger. Eh?

show off!

Andrew,glad to hear your CGW is finally heading your way! just in time to send your Coonan back, so you really won't miss it!

I've joined the CZ collective.

I picked up an SP-01 single action. It's used and could stand a little sprucing up but the price was right.

lol just having fun. Andrew enjoy the 75B - it is amazing when tuned! May be we should have a NES CZ meet sometime to play with our toys.

Ya we should definitely do that! Especially after all this time talking and showing pictures, might as well meet up and do some shooting too. I'm a decent drive from where you guys live/shoot but I'm sure I could drive out one of these weekends now that the weather is getting better.

- - - Updated - - -

I've joined the CZ collective.

I picked up an SP-01 single action. It's used and could stand a little sprucing up but the price was right.

Nice! Upload some pictures later so we can all enjoy it lol.

My Kadet and Omega frame were having conjugal issues. Sent them both to CZ for repair/fix/marriage counseling.
CZ sent it back and it is now 100%. Very. Happy with the outcome.
Good news: it works.
Bad news: on the other side of the country I have nearly 70,000rds of .22lr, but only about 400rds here. [sad]

My Kadet and Omega frame were having conjugal issues. Sent them both to CZ for repair/fix/marriage counseling.
CZ sent it back and it is now 100%. Very. Happy with the outcome.
Good news: it works.
Bad news: on the other side of the country I have nearly 70,000rds of .22lr, but only about 400rds here. [sad]

Damn! 70k rounds huh lol.

I can't wait to try out my Kadet kit, hopefully it works okay.

Received the pre ban magazine, the spring is a little too loose/soft. Which spring you guys recommend I get? Will change the follower too.

Damn! 70k rounds huh lol.

I can't wait to try out my Kadet kit, hopefully it works okay.

Not so long ago the 525 packs at Walmart only cost $12 each and other places shipped 5,000rds of CCI for $140. I used to buy .22lr by the case.

Less than 10 years ago 100,000rds only cost $3,000 and there was no limit to how much you could buy.

What will $3k get you today in ammo? Not a whole lot. Maybe 9,000rds of mil 5.56? Maybe 12,000rds of wolf .223?

I was expecting something all beat up, that looks great.
Check your trigger some SAO triggers are plastic. Crazy huh?

"sprucing up" was more referring to the roll pins. I'm not posting pics of the other side but whoever did the SAO conversion mashed the crap out of them. It has some other wear as well but it was used, not abused.

The trigger is aluminum.

"sprucing up" was more referring to the roll pins. I'm not posting pics of the other side but whoever did the SAO conversion mashed the crap out of them. It has some other wear as well but it was used, not abused.

The trigger is aluminum.

PaulD, don't worry about the inside finish, the gun is put together exceptionally well where it matters. On the pins - assuming you are referring to trigger pin and firing pin block pin?

For trigger pin, spend 13 dollars and get a floating pin from CGW. Be sure to not lose the trigger spring. To be safe, get a reduced power trigger spring and slave pin from CGW.

The concern on the FPB pin - this might matter a lot depending on what type of FP you have inside - stock or extended. If you are up to it, I would get the SRS kit from CGW which includes a few things that make an amazing difference, including a new roll pin. Always be sure to position the groove or gap in roll pin vertically up so there is no chance of interference with FP. Some people miss this and wear out their FP. Hard to tell from your pic but looks like the gap is generally near the top and not toward the bottom. Any help let me know, I am a self proclaimed CZ expert :)

DSC00558_zps4gpa8as7.jpg

Not so long ago the 525 packs at Walmart only cost $12 each and other places shipped 5,000rds of CCI for $140. I used to buy .22lr by the case.

Less than 10 years ago 100,000rds only cost $3,000 and there was no limit to how much you could buy.

What will $3k get you today in ammo? Not a whole lot. Maybe 9,000rds of mil 5.56? Maybe 12,000rds of wolf .223?

Good point. I remember I bought a case of CCI SV 2 months before sandy hook on gunsamerica.com for $275 shipped. The FFL had 40+ cases available. The amount of money I could have made if I bought more than one case...

But yeah not so long ago it was readily available and cheap.

Back
Top Bottom