CZ75b matte stainless or polished? Preban mags?

still no update on the primers i am sorry to say, but did find a 97b, and should have it in a week or so, only bad thing is it is just Black! this is turning into a sickness

I've got 5,000+ federal primers, if you lived near me I'd be happy to loan ya some but I think you're a hike from me lol.

They do have the shadow tac II still, but I like the sp-01 shadow better. Too bad.

My guess is the cheapos won't show up ever again but the ones you actually would want to buy (custom target, accu shadow, etc) will still appear from time to time.

CZ doesn't produce enough guns, which blows. grr.

-Mike

My guess is the cheapos won't show up ever again but the ones you actually would want to buy (custom target, accu shadow, etc) will still appear from time to time.

-Mike

Yup, I can't find the cheapo sp-01 shadow and end up getting the sp-01 shadow custom. Not sure it is worth it but I love the trigger compare to my friend's regular sp-10 shadow.

-Mike

Actually the way CZ custom sells their guns is two-fold. First they do production runs of custom guns and "special" CZ "factory models" which seem hard to locate because they are made in batches. Secondly they can build you any model gun in the cz factory catalog and/or the custom shop models providing that they have the parts to do so.
With the second option, calling or emailing will get you almost any model in about a month. Some extremely rare variations like the 9mm CTS longslide are notoriously hard to acquire because cz doesn't ship longslides to the USA but once or twice every millennium...

Yup, I can't find the cheapo sp-01 shadow and end up getting the sp-01 shadow custom. Not sure it is worth it but I love the trigger compare to my friend's regular sp-10 shadow.

All you need to do is call cz custom and say "hey, build me a base model SP01 Shadow please", then wait about a month. Problem solved.

75BD, SP-01 TAC, and P01 (all very upgraded) say hello to the new family member - Czechmate 9mm, 10rd neutered mags from CZ-USA. I can only imagine the fun in free states with 26 rd big stick.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 45
75BD, SP-01 TAC, and P01 (all very upgraded) say hello to the new family member - Czechmate 9mm, 10rd neutered mags from CZ-USA. I can only imagine the fun in free states with 26 rd big stick.

Damn that's a nice collection you got there. I just saw one of those Czechmates posted on Cajun Gun Works facebook page the other day. Apparently they got some in stock. Sweet gun.

Thanks Andrew! Words failed me when I tried to describe the Czechmate for the first time. Incredibly well put together, high quality finish, VERY balanced despite being heavy, amazing grips, controls placement, and the SA trigger is out of this world!

Very very nice

Sent from my mobile phone from behind enemy lines.

Thanks Andrew! Words failed me when I tried to describe the Czechmate for the first time. Incredibly well put together, high quality finish, VERY balanced despite being heavy, amazing grips, controls placement, and the SA trigger is out of this world!

Nice!

I'm foaming at the mouth to get my 75b back from CGW lol. He said 6 week turnaround time and he received it on 2/25 so I should have it back in 2 weeks or so.

The SA trigger should be insanely good since I'm getting the pro package. 3.5mm - 4mm of trigger travel he told me. That ain't much lol.

Actually the way CZ custom sells their guns is two-fold. First they do production runs of custom guns and "special" CZ "factory models" which seem hard to locate because they are made in batches. Secondly they can build you any model gun in the cz factory catalog and/or the custom shop models providing that they have the parts to do so.
With the second option, calling or emailing will get you almost any model in about a month. Some extremely rare variations like the 9mm CTS longslide are notoriously hard to acquire because cz doesn't ship longslides to the USA but once or twice every millennium...

I have a single action CTS- LS ( long slide) . She's a sweet shooter.

so finally put the 8.5lb spring in, and wow, feels like it lost another 8oz on SA (will get a scale on it this weekend), hit the range this am simply for reliability test. started with two mags of Fed Alum cased, ran through those like a machine, then tried my reloads with Win primers, first 2 went boom then click, reloaded a full mag of ten, and placed the lightly struck one mid mag, all went boom till the click ( same one) repeated this till i had fired about 25, all but that one went boom. in total i fired 50 fed alum, all booms, and 25 win with only one light strike.

IMG_1868[1].jpg

As a former (not by choice) Shadow Custom Target owner, the guns are definitely worth it.

-Mike

I picked up a p01 decocker on sale (here in RI) about a month ago. The DA felt similar in trigger reach & pull to a sig p250c (DAO), but with a lot of creep. I am not very mechanically inclined, but was able to polish all the sear parts, trigger bar, etc. and get it back together. Installed the CGW sd/lite kit with 11.5# spring, CGW firing pin, etc. and the gun is amazing. The trigger is like butter. My rudimentary measurements (Benny's fishing scale) show a drop in pull from stock (DA:15lbs & SA:6.5lbs) to modified (DA:8.5lbs & SA:5.5lbs). It's only seen about 200 rounds, so it should lighten up further. If it lightens up too much, I can go up to the 13# spring. It only cost $44 for the kit and $5 for some Mother's polish.

Put the scale to the 75b with the 8.5lb spring and the SA only went down to 2.75, but the DA went to a ridiculous 5lb.

Took it to the range with the 11.5# spring and had ~5-6 FTFs out of 100 rds (one with Federal Hydrashok JHP), so I put the 13# (blue) spring in. The blue spring tested at DA:10.5# and SA:6.0#.

There are plenty of prebans around but you have to go looking. Also lots of clone mags (Tanfoglio, EAA, etc) will fit these guns as well. You may have to change the followers to get the slide to lock back though. Good luck determining whether or not they're preban, but there are a lot of mags regardless. You just gotta keep your eyes peeled in gun store junk boxes and the like.
-Mike

Data point - my preban CZ75 mags are 15 rounds and have NO markings to distinguish when they were made. The mags I got with my new CZ75BD last year are 16 rounders... and identical in every other respect. (I keep the 15 rounders for when I bring it down to Marxachusetts.)

i love my CZ's but coming from some fine 1911's - I am picky so spruced them up to perfection. You should decide if you want decocker or manual safety type CZ first, then the size and model based on purpose. For competitions I am planning to use CZ 75 BD and SP-01 Tactical, both decocking models. I would hate manually decocking in a safety model for competitions.

Which is why I sold my 75B and bought the 75BD.

My sprucing up - self service, includes about 300 dollars in parts from CGW, and about 4 hours of fun work. Or you can send to CGW and get the things done.

Reduced DA reach, much better SA reset, 7 lb DA and 3.5 lb SA ! Here's a pic of the 75 BD

i have done the following upgrades to it:

Reduced power trigger return spring
Reach reduction disconnector compatible with SRS
SRS (13# main spring, extended FP, reduced power FP spring, FP block spring and upgraded FP block lifter arm)
upgraded hammer
fiber front (5.5 mm)
LPA adjustable rear

Plus: optimally polished trigger bar, sear cage, sear, lower part of hammer strut.

and more recently thin aluminum grips (not in pic).

if you intend to carry, nothing better than a P-01 (compact). No question, and you can upgrade the internals similarly.

wealth of info at czfirearms.us - good forum helpful people.
Oh, lordy... I see another project in my future... Never occurred to me to work on the CZ before. I'd taken my last one to Dave Santurri in N. Attleboro, who did a VERY nice job on it.

got it on paper finally, and was dissapointed a bit. sights set at center, bullets impacting about 3" right and 1" low at 15 yards, group was consistent with the cheap fed aluminum cased ammo. took it to the plate shoot last night in hopkinton, and got some cash back with it, love the new trigger. today i ordered the 8.5lb hammer spring and the target sights from GJW. hoping with the new sights and getting some loads dialed in i can get her centered.

I think we chatted there - are you going tomorrow night? I've got my 75BD (still box-stock, obviously) with me this week for the shoot.

Ross

I would hate manually decocking in a safety model for competitions.

Honestly if you practice it enough in a dry fire/safe environment it's not really that big of a deal, since it's not something you have to do under stress. I used to have paranoia about it too, but it's really not that hard. It's really only something you're going to have to do shooting USPSA (eg, production) or IDPA. For a lot of other matches you can just treat it like a 1911.

-Mike

Ross, yes i'll be there, and will have the 97b with me also.

spent some more time with it this am, and found that the one winchester primed reload that did not fire, was actually a 380 case that slipped by in the sea of 9mm brass. put 50 more rounds through her with the winchester primers, and all went boom.

Ross, yes i'll be there, and will have the 97b with me also.

spent some more time with it this am, and found that the one winchester primed reload that did not fire, was actually a 380 case that slipped by in the sea of 9mm brass. put 50 more rounds through her with the winchester primers, and all went boom.

You loaded a 380 case by mistake? Or am I misinterpreting lol. That's one of my biggest concerns when loading 9mm as I've came across a couple 380 cases mixed in my bag of cleaned/tumbled 9mm brass. Fortunately I noticed it before dumping powder and seating the bullet.

Back
Top Bottom