CZ-52 out of state. Legal?

CZ-52 handgun out of state that looks nice, would it be legal to buy? This would be a buy over the internet if that effects anything.

EDIT: By over internet, I also mean that it would be shipped in.

It depends on whether or not the handgun is legal to purchase from an FFL in MA. They can not trasfer you a gun (out of state handgun transfers require an FFL) if it is not MA approved. I am not sure on this specific model, I am sure somebody else on here knows.

CZ-52 handgun out of state that looks nice, would it be legal to buy? This would be a buy over the internet if that effects anything.

Yes, good luck getting an MA FFL to transfer it to you, though. (not compliant).

If you have a C+R FFL you could import it no problem.

-Mike

What if I knew someone with a C&R FFL, had them buy it, then did a transfer through an FFL to me?

The MA based Type-01 FFL would still c-block it. Not sure what you would try to accomplish by that.

A Person with a C+R could buy it and then sell it to you, but they'd have to burn up one of their FTFs to do it, and they might be putting their own skin on the line since a C+R isn't really for facilitating those kinds of transactions.

Your best deal is to post a WTB in our classifieds or start looking around locally for one. They show up at gun shops and gun shows from time to time for relatively short money. They're not exactly a high demand gun.

-Mike

I noticed that you said in the FID Fee Change thread that you applied for your FID Card...I hope you are not thinking about buying this on an FID...

Get your C&R. You will be happy you did if you are into these kind of guns. For the fee of the license, that is your transfer fee right there.

Back
Top Bottom