Curt Schilling wants restrictions on assault weapons

There really is no hope in this state...I was thinking he would be an actual chance for a none commie coming out of MA...[sad2]

I can't tell you how done I am with "Republicans" and the .gov in general, lets just get to the end game already.

Come on guys give Curt a break.He has been putting his foot in his mouth for years.He was a great baseball player but he is a mental light weight.
The important point is to prevent "mental light weights" with fame from converting that fame into power...

So, when non-liberals hear his name, we want to be sure they ask what he really stands for and intends to do...

When politicians, whether elected or campaigning say these things, they should be called out, mocked and derided, so that they are afraid of looking stupid the next time and do some research...

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/p...gs_what_i_believe_1/srvc=home&position=recent

Curt Schilling blogs: "What I believe"

In a blog post titled "What I Believe," Schilling said he supports gun owners but wants restrictions on assault weapons and wouldn’t allow convicted felons to own guns.

Curt Schilling is no friend of the Second Amendment.

He has no idea what an "assault weapon" is.

This clown needs to get schooled…

from his blog… http://38pitches.weei.com/

"I am absolutely for the 2nd Amendment. But I also think this country has become so beholden to special interest and lobbyists that we have completely sacrificed the safety and well being of the individual American citizen. Why should our Police Officers have to worry about automatic weapons? What logically thinking human would think it’s ok that a ‘citizen’ to carry a weapon capable of discharging 1000 rounds a minute? I understand one thing, that’s big business, and big business is what we’ve allowed to take over in far too many places and in far to many areas that the people need to take back. I also think we need to put some ground rules out there as it pertains to rights here. Commit a felony? Sorry, you have no right to EVER bear arms."

Can somebody please educate this man.

If it wasn't for big business (MLB), he wouldn't have any money or an audience who wants to listens to him spout his nonsense

Like a carry permit, you have ZERO right to have FA weapons in MA. Your PD can say 'no' without giving a reason. I have an ALP in my town, but I was told "don't even think about asking for a green card or any weird stuff." There's not standard, it's an incredible outrage. Of course all the Fudds don't even want people semi-auto clones of the real thing.

I met a guy the other day who was trying to say that he was pro-2A, but just didn't see why anyone needs a handgun. It the same sort of BS with FA weapons. It's really sickening.

The type of weapon does not matter. It is whose hand that wields it that matters.
So he is worried about LEO having to face automatic weapons. What about civilians having to face automatic weapons? As EC pointed out it was a LEO that used a full auto weapon to commit a crime, also if I remember correctly there was the LEO in Wisconsin that killed 6 people with his patrol rifle which is of course refered to as an assault rifle in mere civilian hands.
Curt won't be getting my vote.

They didn't post my comment. Surprise, surprise. Logic is too much to deal with.
Just proves Shilling as the dipshlt he is.

Not to defend Schilling, it's probably WEEI that's monitoring the blog.

He does have to run as an independent, this will be interesting to follow.

GOAL is planning on contacting him if he does register to run, he could use some education for sure, hopefully he is receptive to it. Stay tuned.

I am in no way defending the guy's position... but the tone of some of your replies to his blog is not conducive to a respectful dialogue.

It is important to educate and not alienate.

If the pro-2A supporters just yell at him and call him an idiot it won't be long before he just tunes us out and no longer listens.

I am in no way defending the guy's position... but the tone of some of your replies to his blog is not conducive to a respectful dialogue.

It is important to educate and not alienate.

If the pro-2A supporters just yell at him and call him an idiot it won't be long before he just tunes us out and no longer listens.

SO HE WOULD BE A DEM

Who the hell is Curt Schilling to comment on this stuff? He is just a big dope who feels the need to spew his views to the sheeple. F him and the limo he rode in on.

Not to defend Schilling, it's probably WEEI that's monitoring the blog.

He does have to run as an independent, this will be interesting to follow.

GOAL is planning on contacting him if he does register to run, he could use some education for sure, hopefully he is receptive to it. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the info, Mike. BTW, me thinks you're doing a great job there at GOAL. Keep it up.

I wake up to find a few people ripping on my post. Look, in his blog, the context is, that automatic weapons are legal right off the shelves. My post to him was that they are not. He is one of those people who doesn't know the difference between assault weapon and an assault rifle. I didn't think it was prudent to giving him an education on what is a NFA item. Sorry to offend the masses.

I didn't think it was prudent to giving him an education on what is a NFA item. Sorry to offend the masses.
So, you'd rather our politicians continue on in blissful ignorance as they preach to the masses and write laws that infringe upon our rights?[wink]

Education is always prudent, but rarely sought until too late... [thinking]

Sports stars all should shut the fk up. They have no business talking about these issues. Play baseball and stay out of peoples lives.

These people make the worst politicians. Running for office is just one more way they pump their already inflated egos.

Do you really think they are qualified?

Give me a freakin break.

I don't care what party they are running with or against. They have no business deciding my life.

Go start a car dealership like the ex-nfl players do in Florida. Stay out of politics.

Sports stars all should shut the fk up. They have no business talking about these issues. Play baseball and stay out of peoples lives.

These people make the worst politicians. Running for office is just one more way they pump their already inflated egos.

Do you really think they are qualified?

Give me a freakin break.

I don't care what party they are running with or against. They have no business deciding my life.

Go start a car dealership like the ex-nfl players do in Florida. Stay out of politics.

Not just sports stars, musicians, actors etc. as well.

To my thinking, Curt Schiilling has always appeared nothing but an egotistical windbag. He and his wife have done great charitable work but the guy needs to learn to STF up! He's a great asset to have for a fund raiser.

I think you should have researched your information before you posted. Machine guns are completely legal to own, so long as they were registered before May 19, 1986, and you have the proper licensing and paperwork in place to support such purchase. (Funds too of course [laugh])

This is restricted by the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986, not the NFA of 1934.

Yeah they are, assuming you live in a FREE STATE ([smile]) like Mass! 100% complete ban in R.I. no ifs, ands or green cards.

Unfortunately, I think that an eduction by GOAL would only tip Schilling off to what he NEEDS to say to get elected.

He didn't begin his blog with "I think..."

He began it with "Here's what I believe..."

Curt Shilling wants restrictions?

weird, I want him to STFU [thinking]

maybe the Red Sox organization was correct when they silenced his political views all those times while he was a Red Sox. They knew that even to a conservative, he sounded like a fool........

Yeah they are, assuming you live in a FREE STATE ([smile]) like Mass! 100% complete ban in R.I. no ifs, ands or green cards.

because all the crappy RI drivers would get angry at everybody for driving defensively around them and they would go on rampages [wink]

Too late. Sports stars should just stfu.

the problem isnt the sports stars speaking (free speech and all that) it is that for some reason all these idiotic common folk think their sports stars must have all sorts f intelligent things to say just because the physical prowess puts them in the spotlight.

the general public is getting dumber by the week, and it is ruining America.

Back
Top Bottom