Curt Schilling wants restrictions on assault weapons

Reptile

NES Member
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/p...gs_what_i_believe_1/srvc=home&position=recent

Curt Schilling blogs: "What I believe"

In a blog post titled "What I Believe," Schilling said he supports gun owners but wants restrictions on assault weapons and wouldn’t allow convicted felons to own guns.

Curt Schilling is no friend of the Second Amendment.

He has no idea what an "assault weapon" is.

This clown needs to get schooled…

from his blog… http://38pitches.weei.com/

"I am absolutely for the 2nd Amendment. But I also think this country has become so beholden to special interest and lobbyists that we have completely sacrificed the safety and well being of the individual American citizen. Why should our Police Officers have to worry about automatic weapons? What logically thinking human would think it’s ok that a ‘citizen’ to carry a weapon capable of discharging 1000 rounds a minute? I understand one thing, that’s big business, and big business is what we’ve allowed to take over in far too many places and in far to many areas that the people need to take back. I also think we need to put some ground rules out there as it pertains to rights here. Commit a felony? Sorry, you have no right to EVER bear arms."

Can somebody please educate this man.

This was my reply. Forgive the grammatical errors I've been up all night.

Curt, what is wrong with you? You should research a subject before you write about it. You’re view on gun laws and the second amendment are based on the fact that you think automatic firearms are legal! They haven’t been legal for over 70 years. And that felons can own guns. They can’t and have been prohibited from touching, buying or owning for years. Fun fact for ya; there is no gun show loophole in Massachusetts. To buy a gun from a dealer you need to go through two background checks. To buy one from a private citizen you both need to be licensed to own firearms. To get that license you need to go through another background check is performed.

The NRA is the oldest civil rights organization in our country. There “special interest” is fighting legislation that would take away your civil rights to self defense.

If you’re concerned about violence in the streets and the police’s well being; I suggest you support tough sentences for violent criminals and the death penalty so they can’t re offend or reenter our society. Instead of misguided attempts at gun control, to which you have proven you know nothing about.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/p...gs_what_i_believe_1/srvc=home&position=recent

Curt Schilling blogs: "What I believe"

In a blog post titled "What I Believe," Schilling said he supports gun owners but wants restrictions on assault weapons and wouldn’t allow convicted felons to own guns.

Curt Schilling is no friend of the Second Amendment.

He has no idea what an "assault weapon" is.

This clown needs to get schooled…

from his blog… http://38pitches.weei.com/

"I am absolutely for the 2nd Amendment. But I also think this country has become so beholden to special interest and lobbyists that we have completely sacrificed the safety and well being of the individual American citizen. Why should our Police Officers have to worry about automatic weapons? What logically thinking human would think it’s ok that a ‘citizen’ to carry a weapon capable of discharging 1000 rounds a minute? I understand one thing, that’s big business, and big business is what we’ve allowed to take over in far too many places and in far to many areas that the people need to take back. I also think we need to put some ground rules out there as it pertains to rights here. Commit a felony? Sorry, you have no right to EVER bear arms."

Can somebody please educate this man.

The paper needs to be educated. They put those words "assault weapons" down in writing. Schilling never said that, but called them automatic weapons. Maybe he knows what an "assault weapon" is, maybe he doesn't. I for one am not going to jump all over him for is opinion on automatic weapons.

I for one am not going to jump all over him for is opinion on automatic weapons.

I am. Here's why:

Machine guns are now highly restricted and regulated. A 'citizen' that wants to legally obtain an automatic weapon is going to spend a minimum of about $4000 (or $7000 for an automatic rifle) and wait almost a year while the government does its background checks and paperwork. I know because I'm in month 7 of the process.

Since the NFA was enacted in 1934, there has been a grand total of one murder committed with a legally obtained machine gun. One. And it was a cop that did it.

In his blog, Schilling said, "Why should our Police Officers have to worry about automatic weapons?". I'll argue that the people that Curt imagines are shooting at the police with automatic weapons did not obtain them legally. In other words, they broke the law to get the automatic weapons.

Curt's machine gun ban will do nothing to prevent a felon from obtaining a machine gun any more than the existing laws do now. Therefore, his ban is useless. Any rational thinking human can figure that out.

I'd prefer that my senator - for once in my lifetime - use logic instead of emotion to make decisions that end up limiting my freedom.

Here's another tidbit from Curt's machine gun rant that shows he's not thinking things through before opening his fat mouth:

Curt Schilling said:
"I understand one thing, that’s big business, and big business is what we’ve allowed to take over in far too many places and in far to many areas that the people need to take back. I also think we need to put some ground rules out there as it pertains to rights here."
I can tell you the exact amount of money that 'big business' makes from machine gun sales to civilians: $0.00. There is absolutely no reason for gun manufacturers to actively opposed a further ban on automatic weapon sales to civilians, and none do. Curt's is a straw man argument that does nothing to make Suzie Soccer Mom any safer. If he knows this, he's being dishonest, if he doesn't, he's being stupid.

The paper needs to be educated. They put those words "assault weapons" down in writing. Schilling never said that, but called them automatic weapons. Maybe he knows what an "assault weapon" is, maybe he doesn't. I for one am not going to jump all over him for is opinion on automatic weapons.

He says this:
I am absolutely for the 2nd Amendment. But I also think this country has become so beholden to special interest and lobbyists that we have completely sacrificed the safety and well being of the individual American citizen. Why should our Police Officers have to worry about automatic weapons? What logically thinking human would think it’s ok that a ‘citizen’ to carry a weapon capable of discharging 1000 rounds a minute? I understand one thing, that’s big business, and big business is what we’ve allowed to take over in far too many places and in far to many areas that the people need to take back. I also think we need to put some ground rules out there as it pertains to rights here. Commit a felony? Sorry, you have no right to EVER bear arms.
Big business? Really? He doesn't know what he's talking about. He misinformed.

Curt, please stick with something you're good at, Curt's Pitch for ALS. Stay out of politics.

If he is “concerned” and “supportive,”[rolleyes] as he pretends to be, he should donate some money like David Spade so some PD’s can get some new AR’s. [grin]

I'm just sick of the whole "let's demonize machineguns" thing. Where do they come up with this crap? Where is this rash of crimes committed with fully
automatic firearms in this country.... oh wait, it doesn't exist. You might be able to find a small handful over the past FIFTY years in the ENTIRE country. (And most, if not
all, were committed with guns which were illegally modified).

Even just in general we should be sick of people who keep blathering about laws that regulate personal freedoms. Any politician should be getting hung
for suggesting that we need to "ban" something. I'm sick of the government trying to regulate rights and behaviors.

-Mike

Last edited:
I am. Here's why:

Machine guns are now highly restricted and regulated. A 'citizen' that wants to legally obtain an automatic weapon is going to spend a minimum of about $4000 (or $7000 for an automatic rifle) and wait almost a year while the government does its background checks and paperwork. I know because I'm in month 7 of the process.

Since the NFA was enacted in 1934, there has been a grand total of one murder committed with a legally obtained machine gun. One. And it was a cop that did it.

In his blog, Schilling said, "Why should our Police Officers have to worry about automatic weapons?". I'll argue that the people that Curt imagines are shooting at the police with automatic weapons did not obtain them legally. In other words, they broke the law to get the automatic weapons.

Curt's machine gun ban will do nothing to prevent a felon from obtaining a machine gun any more than the existing laws do now. Therefore, his ban is useless. Any rational thinking human can figure that out.

I'd prefer that my senator - for once in my lifetime - use logic instead of emotion to make decisions that end up limiting my freedom.

Here's another tidbit from Curt's machine gun rant that shows he's not thinking things through before opening his fat mouth:

I can tell you the exact amount of money that 'big business' makes from machine gun sales to civilians: $0.00. There is absolutely no reason for gun manufacturers to actively opposed a further ban on automatic weapon sales to civilians, and none do. Curt's is a straw man argument that does nothing to make Suzie Soccer Mom any safer. If he knows this, he's being dishonest, if he doesn't, he's being stupid.

This whole post should be sent to him with ECs approval.

Another super star idiot

Folks this is what happens when people get more money than their intellect can handle.
I don't understand why people with money automatically assume that they are the best choice for leadership. I have seen way to many million dollar idiots try to run things. If anything these peolple should be kept out of any form of government because they are so far out of touch with reality it is rediculous. Name recognition does not get the job done correctly.
Oh well thats my 2 cents on this and I believe as long as we have a nation of people that are more interested in watching Dancing with the stars instead of getting to know their representatives and what they stand for, then this B.S. will continue.

None of you F'ers know how to read! Reptile posted incorrect info, joehaus has his facts wrong. I don't know what your major malfunction is. We are both pro FA

Apologies then. The context of your answers certainly came across that way.

A comment from the Blog.
Jon Says:
September 6th, 2009 at 2:06 am

Curt,

I’d be curious to hear you work through some of those ideas in a bit more detail. I’m a liberal, but I’m not opposed to voting Republican on a local level if it will shake up some corrupt politics. I like what you said about gun control. That seems sensible.

You completely lost me on Dick Cheney though. How can any reasonable person look at that guy and think it’s a good idea for him to be any where near the center of power? In what parallel universe is torture anything but a total perversion of American, even conservative, values?

I DID NOT MAKE THIS POST!

my comment:

September 6th, 2009 at 8:44 am

Curt, before you open your mouth (again) on firearms in this state, get yourself educated. Contact GOAL.Org and learn what is already regulated in the Commonwealth and has been for close to 70 years. Felons are prohibited by Federal law to even TOUCH a firearm, much less legally purchase one.

Don’t be another elected idiot with a ‘feel good’ agenda.

This was my reply. Forgive the grammatical errors I've been up all night.

Curt, what is wrong with you? You should research a subject before you write about it. You’re view on gun laws and the second amendment are based on the fact that you think automatic firearms are legal! They haven’t been legal for over 70 years. And that felons can own guns. They can’t and have been prohibited from touching, buying or owning for years. Fun fact for ya; there is no gun show loophole in Massachusetts. To buy a gun from a dealer you need to go through two background checks. To buy one from a private citizen you both need to be licensed to own firearms. To get that license you need to go through another background check is performed.

The NRA is the oldest civil rights organization in our country. There “special interest” is fighting legislation that would take away your civil rights to self defense.

If you’re concerned about violence in the streets and the police’s well being; I suggest you support tough sentences for violent criminals and the death penalty so they can’t re offend or reenter our society. Instead of misguided attempts at gun control, to which you have proven you know nothing about.

I think you should have researched your information before you posted. Machine guns are completely legal to own, so long as they were registered before May 19, 1986, and you have the proper licensing and paperwork in place to support such purchase. (Funds too of course [laugh])

This is restricted by the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986, not the NFA of 1934.

Come on guys give Curt a break.He has been putting his foot in his mouth for years.He was a great baseball player but he is a mental light weight.

Another chump. To think I believed he was for individual people to actually have rights.

How does he feel about fraud? Seems to me he took $8 mil from the Sox with a blown shoulder. Perhaps he can enlighten us by visiting my blog "38 Bullets".

I just made up the 38 Bullets thing but I guess Curt doesn't mind a little fiction.

Back
Top Bottom