Curios incident with MA DEP

Gonna catch us a pocha tonight boys!

Meanwhile for the most part what it seems like is they are just off road revenue collectors for unregistered atv's and sleds, and giving trail speeding tickets.
Always amazed me at the amount of effort they put in tracking people down to write a 200 dollar ticket

Gonna catch us a pocha tonight boys!

Meanwhile for the most part what it seems like is they are just off road revenue collectors for unregistered atv's and sleds, and giving trail speeding tickets.
Yesterday heading up to Rockwood on Rt15 2 wardens who were walking, no MWS truck in sight had a guy holding a rifle near the game preserve without a single piece of orange showing.

Actually? No. They have full police powers throughout the Commonwealth. The statute is very clear. They have all the powers of police officers and constables, with the exception of civil process. What makes them unique is that the mission is specific and the laws and regulations regarding those activities allows certain abilities.
The greenies have an office on the state pier in Gloucester. I have seen them pull over people driving driving like hell on the pier, which is a public way. Yeah, if they "feel like it" they can write traffic tickets or enforce any other state law.

Transport of a deer is a fine line: in hunter ed, we teach that the deer has to be visible (to comply with the law), but not too visible, so as not to freak out the squeamish.

Lost of reasons possible - perhaps the deer was not properly transported; or it was, but John Woods Law wanted to check; pr someone called in a Bambi Murder.

A few years back, we saw a MassDOT flatbed on 128, with a roadkill deer. When we passed it, my kid tells me to honk the horn. DOT looked over, expecting a crying child, and a p!ssed off parent, but ly kid was giving a thumbs up! [rofl]
So the lazy dude last fall that drove down my street with a deer in tow was legal, or no? To be clear, it was a pickup truck but the deer was not inside the truck bed, but about 20-30' behind the truck.

So the lazy dude last fall that drove down my street with a deer in tow was legal, or no? To be clear, it was a pickup truck but the deer was not inside the truck bed, but about 20-30' behind the truck.
You left a lot of information out that would be needed to give you an answer. Was the deer tagged and was it report to the state by the required method? Some states require going to a tagging station and metal or plastic seal affixed to the deer others allow a call in or electronic reporting. Now if that was done, what that individual did was very unethical and maybe a waste. Now if the deer was not tagged, the violation would be dealing failure to tag and report the harvest of the deer.
I am not defending his actions, just stating facts.

You left a lot of information out that would be needed to give you an answer. Was the deer tagged and was it report to the state by the required method? Some states require going to a tagging station and metal or plastic seal affixed to the deer others allow a call in or electronic reporting. Now if that was done, what that individual did was very unethical and maybe a waste. Now if the deer was not tagged, the violation would be dealing failure to tag and report the harvest of the deer.
I am not defending his actions, just stating facts.
It was a year ago, I didn't notice absence or presence of tags because the sight was so startling.

I assumed he had harvested the deer in the woods (Whinny the Pooh lives in this neighborhood) and was taking it home to, I suppose load into the truck for checking.

He could well have skipped the check in, no way to know now.

I wasn't condoning the dragging. Just observing it.

My dog was fascinated by the road surface for a couple days. I imagine it smelled a bit like one of his doggie treats.

Back
Top Bottom