• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CTRL+Pew "3D-Printable AKM Receiver" download available

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Note for the fearful: The link does not actually contain the link to the files Healey says the ruled in MA cannot use. But there is a nice video, hence the post.
Download the World's First 3D-Printable AKM Receiver Today
CTRL+Pew
@CtrlPew
Comrades -
Brothers and Sisters of the Soviet Union -

Download the World's First 3D-Printable AKM Receiver Today, in honor of Mikhail Kalashnikov himself.

More to follow. Click the things.
3D gun printing is illegal in Massachusetts, AG Healey says

I remember Brandon Herrera (aka the AK Guy) talking about an already-existent 3D Printed AK that promptly exploded:

1577196033407.png

Nyet, comrade, rifle is not fine.

I think either CTRL+Pew or 3DprintFreedom has made a Plastikov that holds up better, and CTRL+Pew has made a Norwhal tusk for the British.

This video demonstrates the what happens with the flexibility of some AK parts when fired. I'm sure there are better video footage that captures what happens to receivers. The old RPB MAC footage shoot to examine the flex in the MAC receivers on old hi-speed cameras was pretty dramatic. I don't think a printed AK receiver is quite up to the task. But I am up for being proven wrong:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGivoWD9OvQ

"We're joining the AG's Office to remind the public that unregulated, unregistered and untraceable 3D-printed weapons violate state law"

Something something transfers not firearms.

This video demonstrates the what happens with the flexibility of some AK parts when fired. I'm sure there are better video footage that captures what happens to receivers. The old RPB MAC footage shoot to examine the flex in the MAC receivers on old hi-speed cameras was pretty dramatic. I don't think a printed AK receiver is quite up to the task. But I am up for being proven wrong:

And I am up for _other_ people doing that proving.

lol...the Slav shooting stance in the Adidas jumpsuit really ties the video together.

That being said, you couldn't pay me enough to shoot more than .22lr in a 3D printed receiver. At least for FDM using ABS or PLA. I like my hands and face enough to not risk it. Sure, they figured out a way to make it temporarily work, but I can only imagine catastrophic failure is always going to be inevitable.

that guy needs to learn how to shoulder a rifle.

Back
Top Bottom