CT: Anti-gun advocates cite NRA, law loopholes for rising violence in New Haven

idiot said:
Pinciaro said Connecticut has the fifth-strongest gun laws in the nation, but some gun stores still sell to those they know can’t have guns or those who purchase guns for those who can’t.

Based on nothing.

Criminal said:
James Hanton lamented he can’t yet vote and spur change because he’s still on parole.

No way! A criminal who doesn't want citizens to have guns?

I love the way that these anti's have to lead by the reporter every time they get stuck as what to say next " are you talking about straw guns?"

What's a straw gun? I know what a straw purchase is!

These groups should be classified as "hate groups." It is clear they intend to use every legal avenue to discriminate against me and strip me of my liberty.

Disgusting...

These groups should be classified as "hate groups." It is clear they intend to use every legal avenue to discriminate against me and strip me of my liberty.

Disgusting...

Why is no one in New Haven using their argument against them, that infringing on people's 2nd Amendment rights is to blame for rising violence?

It couldn't be because of the decay of an amoral society......

Noooooo....... that would be JUDGMENTAL. Only right wing religious fanatics are judgmental.

It couldn't be because of the decay of an amoral society......

Noooooo....... that would be JUDGMENTAL. Only right wing religious fanatics are judgmental.
While religion has historically provided an important "parenting for adults" constraint on society, I'm not convinced its really about "decay of an amoral society", so much as the proliferation of immaturity itself...

People simply have no expectation that they are responsible for anything - their actions, their economic safety, their physical safety. Urban civilization feeds on inherent laziness (not of just humans, but all organisms) and amplifies the infantilization people normally experience when societal structure starts providing answers/solutions that you would otherwise have to seek for yourself.

If retirement is a big question that we all must answer individually, then, on balance, we all retire as more educated consumers of the retirement options...

If there is a "default", even if that default is sub-optimal, fraudulent or short sighted, then a large chunk of people will fall back to it... You don't have to grow up until someone kicks you out of your parent's house. It may be that where you end up is better than your parents house, but I think its safe to say that a run-away majority of people would have stayed with their parents far longer if they weren't encouraged/forced to leave...

Now, I suppose you could argue that "morality" offers an answer in various ways such as defining sloth as a sin, but the practical reality is that "reality" provides the more reliable motivator (again, that reality being, that your parents will no longer support you or protect you).

Why is no one in New Haven using their argument against them, that infringing on people's 2nd Amendment rights is to blame for rising violence?
The answer is that the media doesn't like this reality, so they try to subvert it with selective, slanted and sometimes downright fraudulent reporting.

People simply have no expectation that they are responsible for anything - their actions, their economic safety, their physical safety. Urban civilization feeds on inherent laziness (not of just humans, but all organisms) and amplifies the infantilization people normally experience when societal structure starts providing answers/solutions that you would otherwise have to seek for yourself.
You just described amorality to a T.

They seem to brag about the strict gun laws (5th strictest according to the article), then claim the murders are because we need more gun laws.
I would try and argue, but if this is the sort of thing they think makes sense, it might be frustrating, because they can't reason.
I live near New Haven, and my father got his carry permit there, and they gave him the runaround making him come back repeatedly, and then went over the time limit (required by statute) of 8 weeks to process it. It is common knowledge that New Haven does this.

So if the "lax" gun laws and the NRA are responsible for the recent rise in crime, then since neither has changed significantly recently I suppose that they were also responsible for the long and much more dramatic drop in crime over the past 20 years. Noooooooooo, that smacks too much of rationality. As Homer once observed. "Facts are worthless! You can prove anything even remotely true with facts." [rolleyes]

Ken

The Anti gun movement in CT has been bolstered with the election of Dan Malloy ( Dem ) as Governor and George Jepson as Atty General. Jepson was the author of CT's version of the assault weapon ban. Malloy is seated at the right hand of the Bloomberg when it comes to hating guns. I figured the anti's would raise their ugly head aat some point, but this is rather quick since neither have been sworn in yet. I believe there is going to be one hell of a battle in this state ( CT ) concerning 2A rights.

“It’s amazing to us there is not more being done on a national level to prevent this problem, and part of the reason is the NRA prevents a lot of things we’d like to do from happening. Their budget is 10 times ours,” he said as he stood in front of a poster on which attendees had written names of those injured or killed by guns.

Let me guess, it's a long list of gang members and other felons who were violent criminals themselves?

No way! A criminal who doesn't want citizens to have guns?

No kidding.

Back
Top Bottom