Creedmoor Starter Kit

PatMcD

NES Member
Creedmoor Sports is running a special right now on a number of things. One that may be of interest to beginning or prospective Highpower shooters would be their "Starter Kit" for $529 (reg $590).
In it, you would get:
Basic Cloth Coat B011
Basics Stool B020
Comp. Military Sling N035
Basic Mat B040
Data Book N075
Gun Book N070
Safety Flag C1290
Ultra Low Profile Earmuff C-ORN-01
Visio Shooting Glasses VIS
"Winning With the Mental Edge" Book C1298
Vanguard Spotting Scope Kit VSP-61
Freeland Tripod Stand w/ 2 Extension Rods C1000K

While not all "Top-of-the-Line" stuff, there is nothing here that would hold somebody back. The only other thing needed would be a rifle & ammo.

http://www.creedmoorsports.com/store/home.php?cat=394&sort=orderby&sort_direction=0&page=4

They need to can that Basic Cloth Coat. I have XL sweatshirts that provide more support... [thinking]

They need to can that Basic Cloth Coat. I have XL sweatshirts that provide more support... [thinking]

Two rolls of duct tape would stiffen that thing up nice. Put it on, have somebody wrap you up in the tape like a mummy, and then slit it down the front[grin].
I've got an idea the sling might be the second thing to go, but I think both the coat and sling would be serviceable "as-is".

You can shoot with them legally, but you would be fruatrated and never want to come back...

I guess I was showing this as an alternative to going top shelf all the way.

Creedmoor leather coat $400
Deluxe mat w/side extensions $115
Deluxe stool $70 (or New Creedmoor Range Cart $500!)
Turner sling $50
Creedmoor "Big Blue" scope stand $300
Kowa 821 w/ lens $800?
etc., etc.

Add it all up and pretty soon you're knocking on $2000

That having been said, how many points does the added money get you? I'll agree that the coat is worth what? 5 points out of 100? The rest of it won't hold anybody back.

Will I be trading in my Hardback coat, high-dollar spotting scope, Biothane sling, and Schneller cart anytime soon? NO WAY!

P.S. they are discounting all coats $50 and running specials on other quality stuff. I'm going to order a new soft case for the AR.

The sling will last half a season before it's trashed.

A $5 USGI or repor M1 sling would be better. In fact, that is what I use.

No you're right Pat. I was just saying the coat was complete garbage. The rest is more than enough to get someone started. Just get the package and a real coat and you're good to go. Hell I bet if you told Creedmor you didnt want the coat they might even take off $20. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom