• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CPO SIG warranty issue

mbz4ever

Dealer
NES Member
Did any one had any experience dealing with Sig in regards to certified pre-owed (CPO)? I know Sig warranty is good for new firearms its a limited lifetime, but for CPO its only 1 year. Is there reason why they offer only 1 year? what if something will go wrong with a pistol after 1-2 years.
they would not stand behind their product? Unfortunately i didnt have a clear answer from any our local Sig dealers.
I only had experience with Glock and they were great.

Generally speaking if you don't get a sig that's a factory lemon it will probably
run forever.

Sig's CS sucks, though, just to warn you. For most minor issues it's better
to just find someone locally (eg, Jimmy @ FS ) to do things like replace springs, etc.

-Mike

I recently bought this and it was worth every nickle.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=22191/Product/SIG_SAUER_ARMORER_S_COURSE_1___2
l_100002281_1.jpg

Did any one had any experience dealing with Sig in regards to certified pre-owed (CPO)? I know Sig warranty is good for new firearms its a limited lifetime, but for CPO its only 1 year. Is there reason why they offer only 1 year? what if something will go wrong with a pistol after 1-2 years.
they would not stand behind their product? Unfortunately i didnt have a clear answer from any our local Sig dealers.
I only had experience with Glock and they were great.

You must live in NH because I was told the CPO was not available in MA... Not on "The List". PM me if otherwise.

Face it .You bought a used gun. I think a 1 yr. warranty is a pretty good deal.

I am with you on that... I think Sig is the only company offering any warranty on used guns they sell...And while I have not read the warranty, I'd bet if something does go wrong with it after a year you could get it fixed by sig for a price...

taurus and s&w revolvers carry a lifetime warranty for no matter who owns it. I just got a 23 year old s&w 659 tac back from them and they never asked about owner...all they did was swap out every spring in the gun and clean it.

I am with you on that... I think Sig is the only company offering any warranty on used guns they sell...And while I have not read the warranty, I'd bet if something does go wrong with it after a year you could get it fixed by sig for a price...

I know Glock stands behind their product with lifetime warranty and free refurbish that includes replacement of all worn and parts, springs etc. and for little extra $$$ you can have your slide and barrel refinished. if you not in Mass they even replace your frame if needs to be. I did deal with Glock CS in the past and their servece was great. I had 2 of my Glocks 23 and 30 fully refurbished including slide, barrel and new night sights and round shipping for $140. It wasn't long either it took exactly 5 weeks for each and both of my glocks came back looking brand spanking new. now i have G26 send in as well.
So newer had experience with Sig's CS cz it will be my 1st Sig pistol, but I do have Sig 556 AR wich is been flawless for last 2000 rounds [smile]

Last edited:
i didnt buy it... just thinking CPO versus new = $200 difference or someones problems for less with discount[thinking]

I buy used Sigs all the time, have never had a problem, CPO or not. I would consider them "hard use" guns, like a Glock or HK. They take a LOT to wear out or break down.

Not to mention, with the exception of some really, really beat up police trade ins, most used sigs you find on the market aren't really even into the first quarter or so of their
lifespan.

-Mike

I just pull the trigger on CPO Sig 1911 C3 uuuuu. i know its a nice one.
contacted Sig about this pistol, turns out it was a gun that was used by Gun magazine writer for testing and reviews... shot less then 100 rounds. I why not i going for it...
for $700 this is a music to my wallet...[laugh2]

Back
Top Bottom