"Click." Sig P938 Fail To Fire issue.

Never mind how often people even clean there magazines. I bet the military doesn't even teach anyone to clean them yet..
We cleaned mags pretty regularly back in the day, I can’t speak for current .mil but yes it was taught and required.

No matter how good the gun is, you have to do maintenance on it. Especially something you pocket carry.

Mines filthy but it worked yesterday.

Every new pair of pants, new shirt, new whatever, makes more LINT.

This is why striker fired are great for concealed carry.
A while back, I did an end of day pocket dump and found this:
845F8491-6B77-418A-AD77-0940527B8B7D.jpeg
Spare mag was in front pocket, bullets down.
I shudder to think what would’ve happened if I were in a situation where I needed to go to a reload.

Last edited:
I watched a video the other day on the 938. I didn’t know they were discontinued. I’m wondering why. Maybe too many problems? I had to send mine in because it kept dropping the extended magazine. It’s 100% now. I’m thinking of carrying it for the winter. I wonder if the price will go up on these because they are out of production.

I watched a video the other day on the 938. I didn’t know they were discontinued. I’m wondering why. Maybe too many problems? I had to send mine in because it kept dropping the extended magazine. It’s 100% now. I’m thinking of carrying it for the winter. I wonder if the price will go up on these because they are out of production.
That’s interesting, they’re still shown as an active model on sig‘s website, though some of the variations of it are shown as discontinued.

It's not the cost as much as it is a bitch to replace it. Most shops only sell 20rd "industry collusion for consumer rape" boxes of carry ammo often exceeding a buck a round.
I use IMI 115 Grain Di-Cut Jacketed Hollow Point for my EDC ammo. It's not a boutique self defense round, but I figure if it's good enough for the IDF it's good enough for me. It comes in 50 round boxes and I bought it by the 20 box case (1000 rounds). Back in 2018, when I loaded up on several cases, it was $200 a case with free shipping from Midway.

I use IMI 115 Grain Di-Cut Jacketed Hollow Point for my EDC ammo. It's not a boutique self defense round, but I figure if it's good enough for the IDF it's good enough for me. It comes in 50 round boxes and I bought it by the 20 box case (1000 rounds). Back in 2018, when I loaded up on several cases, it was $200 a case with free shipping from Midway.
$200 a case then, $480 a case now. :mad:

$200 a case then, $480 a case now. :mad:
Yeah, right now New Republic Training ammo is more expensive than what I paid for the IMI ( the NR is $220.62 with Ammo+ at TargetUSA). I'm afraid the good old days are gone forever.

This is a sign to tell me to clean my EDC which is normally filled with pocket lint.

This is why I shake my head in disbelief every time someone posts a picture of their edc and it’s covered in grime and lint and they’re like mehhh it’s fine, it worked last year when I shot it.

Doesn’t take but 5 mins a month to field strip, inspect, wipe clean and put on some fresh oil.

Glad you found that at the range @Toast , good reminder for regular maintenance.
Blasphemy… you just gotta get the first hundred thousand rounds through it and never clean it. IMG_2332.jpeg

What you do have to watch out for is asphalt stuck in ankle carry revolvers

Back
Top Bottom