coyotes in the woods

Coyotes typically grow to 30–34 in (76–86 cm) in length, not counting a tail of 12–16 in (30–41 cm), stand about 23–26 in (58–66 cm) at the shoulder and, on average, weigh from 15–46 lb (6.8–21 kg).[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][12][/SUP] Northern coyotes are typically larger than southern subspecies, with the largest coyotes on record weighing 74.75 pounds (33.91 kg) and measuring 1.75 m (5.7 ft) in total length.

Not trying to bash anyone here, but 100 lb coyotes?

I swear, the fish was this <___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________> big!!!!!

Not 100lbs, but the guy who has the truck full in my previous pic has shot one that was 75lbs. They are crossed with Red Wolf. Plus Northern versions of any species tend to be larger. That's why there are no 200lb deer in Mississippi but deer pushing 300lbs are common in Northern maine.

My friend says there is a black one running around that is larger than any he's seen. If he gets him, he's going to get a biologist in to weigh it and get it on record.

Coywolf-The biggest type of coyote – 30-45 lb on average

Not saying that freaks are not out there, but on one forum we have something like 5 gigantic coywolves already. I think a combination of adrenaline and tunnel vision is making them a tad larger in memory than in fact.

Got a ton of 'yotes around here (23 acre's of protected land behind me). Most are shy but you run across the occasionally aggressive one. I usually carry a 9MM with me (I figure if 9MM is good enough for bear, it ought to be fine for 'yote) when I go for a walk with the dogs. Usually the dogs bristle up and growl and the 'yote takes off. I don't blame the 'yote I wouldn't want to mess with 2 100 lb Akita's either.

When the wife and I bought our place in Southern NH, my neighbors and several townies told me, in no uncertain term, you see them, you shoot them. That is obviously, if it is safe to do so, the whole target and beyond reasoning. What is neat, at least to me is, every now and again, mainly after dusk and early evening, you will hear the snap or pop of a .22 or crack of a .223. a single shot or rare occasion two shots, then all quiet. Coming from Fitchburg, usually the sounds of sirens follows, but not here.

Rule of thumb, never think you are highest on the food chain, we just have cooler stuff to hunt the higher ups with. Just sayin................

Back
Top Bottom