Coyote Hunting in Massachusetts - The Laws and Folly

So, if one can use a handgun to hunt coyotes at night as long as it meets the caliber restriction, I'm still not sure what the caliber restriction allows. Can one use a .380 auto, a 9mm, or a .357 Mag?

Those are all 38 calibre or smaller ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Those are all 38 calibre or smaller ;)

On the other hand, a 9mm Mak would be out of the question, because it is certainly a larger calibre

What is the "Bullet" Diameter of the 9mm Mak?, not the casing. Remember the 9mm Para is IIRC .355, 38 Special and the .357 Mag are .357. The 38 S&W is .38

In that case, I might have to take my P64 hunting! It's .365, so it's under the 38 S&W. I was going by the 357 measurement as the max.

What is the "Bullet" Diameter of the 9mm Mak?, not the casing. Remember the 9mm Para is IIRC .355, 38 Special and the .357 Mag are .357. The 38 S&W is .38

When I was on that job a couple of us used twist F&W's nickers over this, We would ask them, What about a 30-30 in a Thompson Center Contender, It is less than .38 in caliber?

They never reviewed these laws for current application to the newer handguns that were developed.

Actually, that one's <.38 too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.38_S&W

If a handgun cartridge <.38 is required, get a Savage Striker in .308

It will drop 'yotes all day.

images

Back
Top Bottom