Coyote hunter killed by neighbor (NC)

NC hunter using coyote caller is mistaken for real coyote, killed by neighbor

"A North Carolina coyote hunter’s electronic coyote caller was apparently so convincing, he ended up being mistaken for a coyote and was shot and killed.

The victim, 26-year-old Michael Seth Marsh, was also the pastor of Russell Gap Baptist Church near Taylorsville. The alleged shooter, 31-year-old Matthew Dunn of Taylorsville, was charged with involuntary manslaughter, said the Alexander County Sheriff’s Office."

Its hard to believe there are still idiots out there shooting at sound and movement.
Fudds gonna fudd.

JFC

Investigators say Marsh was armed with a shotgun, wearing camouflage and using an electronic coyote caller when he set up on the ground near a tree, according to the Taylorsville Times. Dunn, who lives in the area, told deputies that he heard coyotes screaming and believed they had trapped something in a tree, the Times reported.

He went to investigate and thought he saw something “brown and gray” that looked like a coyote, media outlets report.

Dunn fired two shots with an AR-15, striking Marsh twice in the chest. Marsh then stood up and yelled “stop shooting, you hit me,” according to the Observer’s news partner WBTV.

You can only get away with shooting at movement and hurting someone if you are a mass state trooper. The rest of us would get inv. Man.

A bright white weapon-mounted light could have prevented this.

Uhh ya, that is just want to do is strap on my $10k night vision, then put a visible light on my gun so every animal and retarded neighbor knows where i am..

If you don't have the equipment or commonsense dont shoot.

How many chest high coyotes have you seen?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom