• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Coyote - 2020

Had 2 in my backyard this am. They must of had the wrong address, Left before I had a chance to get a shot, haha

Pelt probably isn’t much good this time of year, they start losing fur in the shoulder/back areas. I saw this on one this am.

I put a dead raccoon where the coyotes and vultures normally make quick work of animal corpses. It's been sitting in the same spot untouched for three weeks.
It's finally thawed out enough that it's decomposing, but not one critter has touched it.
So, there's either no coyotes around my place or they don't like rabid raccoons.

I don't mind the coyotes visiting my back yard.
I have watched then kill several mice right near my houses exterior . I don't have a cat or a dog even so if they want to rodent patrol I'm all good.

Damn. I can’t find one in the woods this year. Hunted last year and numerous tracks and signs.

I will take that felt off your hands
I put a dead raccoon where the coyotes and vultures normally make quick work of animal corpses. It's been sitting in the same spot untouched for three weeks.
It's finally thawed out enough that it's decomposing, but not one critter has touched it.
So, there's either no coyotes around my place or they don't like rabid raccoons.
Not sure if you were just kidding about rabid raccoon, but if it’s suspect, you should dig a hole, throw animal in and burn with diesel fuel or kerosene. That’s what an animal control friend told me anyway.

I don't mind the coyotes visiting my back yard.
I have watched then kill several mice right near my houses exterior . I don't have a cat or a dog even so if they want to rodent patrol I'm all good.
I wouldn’t mind either if it were just rodents. A few years ago when coyote populations weren’t out of controlI, I would see does that alway had 2 sometimes 3 fawns in spring and summer. Last few years I see a lot of does with one or none Little ones. Coyotes definitely kill a lot of deer. I think the deer population is down.

Lots of them out by me, they kill a shit ton of deer.....they are very nocturnal. Lots of tracks, not a lot of sightings. They get shot on sight.

Years like this with no snow they can't catch deer so they do get a bit nervy probably in the suburbs....until the fawns drop and they eat them.

Came home to five of them in my back yard the other day. If Mr Mathews has anything to say about it their next visit won’t be a pleasant one.

Not sure if you were just kidding about rabid raccoon, but if it’s suspect, you should dig a hole, throw animal in and burn with diesel fuel or kerosene. That’s what an animal control friend told me anyway.
Rabies has decimated the local raccoon population. It's harder to find a non rabid one than a rabid one. I'm sure the majority of rabid animals die in the wild and are eaten.

Rabies has decimated the local raccoon population. It's harder to find a non rabid one than a rabid one. I'm sure the majority of rabid animals die in the wild and are eaten.
I agree, but the 3 I have had to dispatch over the years were buried deep so no other scavengers would get infected. Guess my thinking is if I can stop other animals from getting rabies, why not?

Back
Top Bottom