Couldn't happen to a better bunch of people.

I can just see Chriac now.
vsuicide.gif

The question was about how to say sorry bout that, not a suggestion for Chirac, even though it's completely appropriate.

The actual translation of Tony's version doesn't fall into the PC (or even PG13) category, but if anybody could actually do it, it would certainly be the French. [wink]

Ken

Chirac was overheard talking to the Russian and someone else (I forget now). He said that English food is bland and boring and a couple other "unkind" comments. Well - it made the British press and now they have a new nickname for him .... Jacqueass
[lol] [lol]

Lynne said:
Chirac was overheard talking to the Russian and someone else (I forget now). He said that English food is bland and boring and a couple other "unkind" comments. Well - it made the British press and now they have a new nickname for him .... Jacqueass
[lol] [lol]

In that same conversation, Chirac also said that the British food was second worse to the Finns. Guess what.....There are 2 Finns on the Olympic Voting Committee.
Open mouth, insert foot.

What's really funny is this paragraph:

"In Paris, onlookers had stood with their fingers crossed for good luck, watching on two giant screens set up outside the ornate building as the International Olympic Committee announced the decision in Singapore."

I spent a month in France when I was 10 as part of an exchance program. I got into A LOT of trouble once for crossing my fingers to ward off a jinx (come on, I was 10) because in France, that is as bad, if not worse than the finger...

So really, if they were "crossing their fingers" they weren't doing it for good luck [shock]

Back
Top Bottom