• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Copper shock coming

Interesting. I was just on JM Bullion this am wondering if copper would be a half decent investment over the long term.

I’m still basically at the grade school level of collecting PM’s, what do the pros think about starting a copper pile? Waste of money and space for the amount needed or do you also keep a stock on hand?

Interesting. I was just on JM Bullion this am wondering if copper would be a half decent investment over the long term.

I’m still basically at the grade school level of collecting PM’s, what do the pros think about starting a copper pile? Waste of money and space for the amount needed or do you also keep a stock on hand?
I can tell you as a person who has silver that you'd be smoking crack to go with anything less valuable per weight.

When you start to collect this stuff in amounts worth talking about you need to consider the weight of it. Silver is already bad enough to move around. Copper would be a joke.

If you are speculating on price, rather than holding for when SHTF, you can go with a copper ETF such as CPER. I will note that "experts" have predicted 13 of the last 2 copper squeezes.
I thought about that too, for the reasons above, space, amount needed, weight, etc, but I’m also at the point where I feel like buying any PM on paper that sits somewhere else is 100% useless if everything gets shut down.

Dr. Copper is the barometer for the economy. Tight supply will cause some volatile price action but as a bellwether for recessions we could see some downside soon. Now, when the economy is booming look out for there is not even close to enough surface supply for the global economy let alone some green revolution.

I just traded in about 3000# of copper last year. Filled a 20ft dumpster. Wasn't #1. Forgot what we got for it. 7k maybe?
This was scrap pipes, radiators, wire(stripped) over 35 years.
Took up alot of room.
We had 40 electric motors, but they were all rusted, just too a flat rate for those. Not worth the time to try to pull them apart. Best to do it immediately, not after sitting in the yard for 30 years.

1. Prices better not jump until after I build my house. LOL

2. The only Copper shock is these bad dudes:

extreme-shock-ammunition.jpg

Damn I miss those days. Gun magazines to read. Ads like this. In some ways, I'd like to be an ig'nert gun owner again and learn everything all over. Because it was fun.

(And yeah, for you young guys, that's the same guy in all three balaclavas. This was an ad in the back of gun mags like American Handgunner and such.)

Not an expert, but I wouldn't pay a premium for fancy copper doodads. Maybe for pre-'82 pennies, but not the stuff I see dealers selling.

I can tell you as a person who has silver that you'd be smoking crack to go with anything less valuable per weight.

When you start to collect this stuff in amounts worth talking about you need to consider the weight of it. Silver is already bad enough to move around. Copper would be a joke.
Copper bullion/rounds/ingots from the PM houses is sold at a multiple of spot.

Back
Top Bottom