Cop Blames Flashlight in Fatal Shooting

Surefire, Glock???(assumtion on my part, its the most common used faughty in LE), .40 cal and poor trigger discipline......the perfect storm.[wink]

Keep your finger off the trigger and the gun won't fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the SF website;
Optional pistol grip switches permit operation with the top grip finger, leaving the index finger free to operate the handgun trigger
Sounds like he might have had a sympathetic response from his index finger when he tried activating the grip switch with his middle finger.

From the SF website;

Sounds like he might have had a sympathetic response from his index finger when he tried activating the grip switch with his middle finger.
That was my ASSumption as well... Poor trigger discipline followed by carpenter blaming the tool...

Yup. I have a Crimson Trace laser on one of my 1911s, with a pressure switch on the front strap. I can see how that could happen if you have your finger on the trigger when you shouldn't.

i hate those kinds of grip switches. I think the kind that are on the back of the grip, the ones you activate with your palm, are much better, and they always turn on. But thats just my opinion.

anyways, a dead drug dealer is a good drug dealer.

poor trigger discipline......the perfect storm
agree. should have practiced a little more.

That was my ASSumption as well... Poor trigger discipline followed by carpenter blaming the tool...

It usually is the hammer's fault.

Yup. I have a Crimson Trace laser on one of my 1911s, with a pressure switch on the front strap. I can see how that could happen if you have your finger on the trigger when you shouldn't.

I've done it (dry fire) even using a light with a tailcap switch using the Harries technique. If you aren't careful, and don't practice/know how to operate your issued equipment, things can go downhill right quick.

agree. should have practiced a little more.

Yep.

anyways, a dead drug dealer is a good drug dealer.
Yeah, well the two dead bystanders in Detriot might appreciate a harder line on due process and excessive force...

No love for drug dealers, they are only one rung above politicians and pedophiles in my book, but I don't support death by PD negligence or summary execution - that's one of the perks of not living in China...

Back
Top Bottom