• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cop accused of taser mishap at roll call

Cross-X

Shooting at the big range in heaven
Dealer
NES Member
Cop accused of taser mishap at roll call
May 11, 2006

EAST WINDSOR, Conn. --A police officer was arrested Wednesday on allegations he accidentally fired his Taser gun and injured another officer at the police department this week.

Scavotto was charged with reckless endangerment and third-degree assault. He was released on $2,500 bond and is to be arraigned Thursday at Enfield Superior Court.

The injured officer, who was not named, was struck in the mouth and neck area by the Taser's two darts, which deliver electricial charges. He was treated and released from Hartford Hospital and is expected to return to work Monday, police said.

Chief Edward J. DeMarco Jr. said the accident happened during a roll call Monday afternoon. Police said Scavotto pointed the Taser at the other officer and it accidentally discharged.

Scavotto, an 18-year veteran of the force, has been placed on paid leave pending the criminal investigation and an internal affairs review, police said. The injured officer has been with the department for four years.

!

"Honest, Lieutenant, it was an accident! Sure I pulled my Taser out of my holster and pointed it at him, but I didn't mean to shoot him!"

Nice safety skills. Superior judgment.

Sheesh!

This rings of "my gun accidently discharged while I was cleaning it!"

ie: I had a ND in my home, and before the police arive I decided to spill some hopps on the floor and open a bag of patches before the cops show up.

Seriously officer, it's the gun's fault! I was just minding my own buisness.....

[rolleyes]

Nope he was probably thinking "Hey watch this shit!" and then relized he was an idot when the other guy was on the floor in pain.

Again [rolleyes]

-Weer'd Beard

Kid probably deserved to get lit up for shooting his mouth off
action-smiley-011.gif

Chris said:
IS it just me, or do most of the 'incidents' with Tasers seem to involve cops?

That is because tazers are dangerous evil black weapons that need to be banned for the sake of the children. Only cops are professional enough to handle a tazer [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Chris said:
Hey Charlie, this caffine ins't doing it for me today and the Chief keeps coming around with those piss cups. Can you hit me a few times with that taser thing and wake me up?

You really need to work Mids some time and see what goes on. You would probably be entertained for a long time. It is another world.
smiley-linie-009.gif

Regards,

LenS said:
Round Gun Shooter,

You aren't kidding. Some of what I saw almost had me rolling on the floor at times.

But I really don't miss it anymore.

Here is how the Taser thing probably went down

Younger Officer" You fat old guys just aren't as tough as the young guys"

Older Officer "Your full of (Expletive deleted), I can kick your ass any day of the week and not break a sweat"

Younger Officer with a snide grin " Let's see what you got old man"

Older Officer " I got this" Pulling Taser from Holster

Older Officer " Oh Sh!!, it slipped, you OK?"

Younger Officer " AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH, You bbbbbbbaaaaaaasssssstttttaaaaarrrrddddd"

Rest of squad room laughing hysterically until shift commander walks in then "Exit Stage Left"

Sounds about right I guess.

Change that quote from: Older Officer " Oh Sh!!, it slipped, you OK?"

to Older Officer " Oh Sh!!, it slipped, you wanna see me slip again, or have you had enugh?"

Yeah right it slipped [rolleyes]

Weer'd Beard said:
Change that quote from: Older Officer " Oh Sh!!, it slipped, you OK?"

to Older Officer " Oh Sh!!, it slipped, you wanna see me slip again, or have you had enugh?"

Yeah right it slipped [rolleyes]

You just needto understand the dynamics. His finger was still on the trigger when he said it slipped so it was kind of like this
violent-smiley-023.gif

Back
Top Bottom