Contacting Reps - Calling on Behalf of

Would it be possible to call a state rep/senator on behalf of someone else? If the only thing that's really needed from a phone call is a name and address to show they're a constituent, and whether the person supports or is against a particular bill - does the call have to be made by the constituent? I'm wondering if there's a way make our voice more powerful by combining the bulk of gun owners who care some, but are generally too busy living their lives, with the time of some motivated volunteers. I did it once with paper (S.2265 Message Printout / Dropoff - today and tomorrow morning) , would be great if we can apply that to phone too.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nSHUc44jsU

Here we go, it exists, at least at the federal level: Welcome to Civic Action Network . That company provides a service that calls Congress on your behalf, and passes on a message on whether you support or oppose a bill. 6 calls for $5 / month.

View: https://youtu.be/dexBvGLbZhI

So, that's a company that does it, on whatever national issues are being discussed at the time.

Now, think about the last time GOAL sent out an action alert. You got like 10 numbers to call on some committee, and your own state Rep and Senator to contact. How many did you call? Be honest.

Now, imagine the ways it could be easier -

1) NES volunteers - those interested here give their info for making calls to someone trusted that will run this. Hopefully we get a big list by the time the next GOAL action alert goes out. Then the group of volunteers spends their day making the calls. We have people that are wiling to stand outside with a sign and protest; I'd bet we have a bunch willing to be more effective making calls instead.

2) GOAL premium tier - a GOAL membership is like $25 a year. What if they offered a $50, or $100 option that included making the calls on your behalf?

When you call they have your phone number and your recorded. Of course if you call you can say your friends name and say your from their district. As long as your not threatening their not going to check. If their is a representative you feel is working for your best interest support them by donating or volunteering your time we can always use volunteers during election time.

When you call they have your phone number and your recorded. Of course if you call you can say your friends name and say your from their district. As long as your not threatening their not going to check. If their is a representative you feel is working for your best interest support them by donating or volunteering your time we can always use volunteers during election time.

To my knowledge they don't have caller ID, I would have to confirm that though. The call on behalf idea would work, if you're calling the same aide over and over I'm not sure how effective it would be however, after a while they would stop listening.

Cool, no glaring obvious flaws identified so far, sounds like at least the limited version is possible. That being, calling volunteer pretends to be the constituent. Limited by an aide hearing the same voice claiming to be multiple people. Would need several volunteers, number of calls to individual rep would be limited by number of volunteers. I'm guessing that's how that Civic Action Network company does it, they probably have many different people making calls.

The unlimited version would be more upfront, call an aide once and say something like "These 10 constituents of yours oppose bill X, their name and contact info is...". More like a petition.

Back
Top Bottom