• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Constitutional Carry tracker.

LA is a shall issue state with really good reciprocity. If you're from the North East and have NH or ME permit, you'll have no problems down there. The states that you'd expect not to honor LA permits don't honor LA permits.

For people in LA, it's likely not that big an issue that they will vote against their senators.

We may like to think it's a hot button issue, but once you get out of the NES bubble, most gun owners, which are in fact most gun owners, don't see it a that big an issue.

I hope gun groups in Louisiana target those 3 republicans in the next primary and take them out. They must pay with their office.

LA is a shall issue state with really good reciprocity. If you're from the North East and have NH or ME permit, you'll have no problems down there. The states that you'd expect not to honor LA permits don't honor LA permits.

For people in LA, it's likely not that big an issue that they will vote against their senators.

We may like to think it's a hot button issue, but once you get out of the NES bubble, most gun owners, which are in fact most gun owners, don't see it a that big an issue.

it won’t be the only issue people consider in the next election but in a GOP primary motivation matters a lot. If a good number of gun people show up, it can make a difference. Turnouts in primaries are low so motivating voters can have a significant effect.

Louisiana has always (meaning within my lifetime) had legal open carry and legal vehicle carry. There were some nuances with NOLA being grandfathered on some restrictions, but smart people stay the hell away from NOLA anyway.

They've also had a shifting list of places where carry is prohibited, especially after adoption of statewide shall-issue licensing, and the expansion of gambling. ( I won't even try to go into it here, because it gets really complicated, really quickly. Just like all Louisiana politics and statutes. Blame France!)

As my friend from Monroe Parish says, "There's NOLA, then there's Louisiana." The two are not to be confused.

I've been to other parts of the state that are pretty good, but some are sh*tholes, like Lake Charles.

Louisiana has always (meaning within my lifetime) had legal open carry and legal vehicle carry. There were some nuances with NOLA being grandfathered on some restrictions, but smart people stay the hell away from NOLA anyway.

They've also had a shifting list of places where carry is prohibited, especially after adoption of statewide shall-issue licensing, and the expansion of gambling. ( I won't even try to go into it here, because it gets really complicated, really quickly. Just like all Louisiana politics and statutes. Blame France!)

As my friend from Monroe Parish says, "There's NOLA, then there's Louisiana." The two are not to be confused.

I've been to other parts of the state that are pretty good, but some are sh*tholes, like Lake Charles.
You mean Monroe, in Ouachita Parish?

Yeah, that's culturally just South Arkansas. My lovely bride is from Caddo Parish. Except for the political system, culturally it's just like Cass or Bowie Counties in Texas, or Miller County in Arkansas.

Except for mudbugs. They definitely have a better connection to the swamp food.

Yes, but for some reason he never referred to Ouachita Parish, so I thought Monroe was the Parish. He loves mudbugs, but I'm not a fan. My son, OTOH, likes them. My son is from up here, but he's totally embraced the southern life style.

You mean Monroe, in Ouachita Parish?

Yeah, that's culturally just South Arkansas. My lovely bride is from Caddo Parish. Except for the political system, culturally it's just like Cass or Bowie Counties in Texas, or Miller County in Arkansas.

Except for mudbugs. They definitely have a better connection to the swamp food.

Texas Constitutional Carry, 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Act, Take Effect September 1​

Constitutional carry and the “Second Amendment State Sanctuary Act” are among a number of gun laws that take effect in Texas on September 1, 2021.

Gov. Greg Abbott (R) signed constitutional carry legislation on June 16, thereby making Texas the 21st state to adopt the permitless carry scenario for both open and concealed, Breitbart News reported, and noted the constitutional carry law would take effect September 1.

The other 20 states with constitutional carry are: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

Abbott also signed a Second Amendment sanctuary bill on June 16, and tweeted, “Don’t Tread on Texas.”

The Second Amendment sanctuary law states, “An agency of [Texas], a political subdivision of [Texas], or a law enforcement officer or other person employed by an agency of [Texas] or a political subdivision of [Texas] may not contract with or in any other manner provide assistance to a federal agency or official with respect to the enforcement of a federal statute, order, rule, or regulation that…relates to a registry requirement for a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition.”

The sanctuary law also forbids state-level cooperation relating to any federal requirement for licensing of firearm or ammunition owners, among other things.

As you know, it’s going nowhere until at least 2023 because the current PA governor is a liberal democrat. Good sign for the quick passage in 2023 though if the GOP flip the governor seat. Michigan and Wisconsin have conservative GOP legislatures too. I think we’ll see constitutional carry spread to Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and a number of other GOP controlled states in 2023 and 2024. We’ll see constitutional carry over 40 states by 2030 at the latest.

Not a veto proof margin. I'd guess that it ran mostly along Republican/Democrat lines, but with some rural Democrats voting yes.

Yeah and from following Rob’s Twitter reports I saw the anti legislatures were making some outrageously irrational assertions of total armageddon occurring if constitutional carry passed. Total fear mongering.

🐯

"Blood running in the streets", "Wild West", and of course "Dodge City" are the typical panty wearing responses to any reducing restrictions for owning or carrying firearms.

Of course the fact that crime generally goes down and there is no increase in shootings is roundly ignored.

Yeah and from following Rob’s Twitter reports I saw the anti legislatures were making some outrageously irrational assertions of total armageddon occurring if constitutional carry passed. Total fear mongering.

🐯

🐯

The same anti groups say the same false and inflammatory lies in every state and those where the law has been enacted, none of the claims by the antis ever materialize.

Not a veto proof margin. I'd guess that it ran mostly along Republican/Democrat lines, but with some rural Democrats voting yes.

The rural democrat is probably extinct in PA. Although this will be vetoed, ain’ts good to see it pass the legislature which should mean a quicker path and signature by the next governor in 2023 (wolf is term limited)

Very proud of my home state now, GOP basically owns the state legislature and they forced the RINO governor to pass a bill legalizing fireworks earlier this year so hopefully they can force his hand or override if necessary with this one.

Very proud of my home state now, GOP basically owns the state legislature and they forced the RINO governor to pass a bill legalizing fireworks earlier this year so hopefully they can force his hand or override if necessary with this one.

I believe OH already passed teacher carry a few years ago but recently the OH Supreme Court struck it down because the training needed to be that of a police officer. The new bill will be worded better and resolve that issue.

That constitutional carry vote margin is excellent. Hopefully dewine signs it but if not they may have override margins

Ohio I may beat Florida to it. The bill has already passed the OH senate, it’s in the house now and expected to pass. The question there will be the moderate governor. From some pieces I’ve read, they believe the governor will sign it if it gets to his desk.

Really need to see GA, Alabama, Indiana and Nebraska pass it. I’m sure PA, MI, WI, LA and NC will as soon as their liberal democrat governors lose in the next election. If they do, we could see CC in 32 states. Pretty remarkable movement over the past 10 years

Personally, I'm waiting for SC, but my son says that I shouldn't hold my breath.

Ohio I may beat Florida to it. The bill has already passed the OH senate, it’s in the house now and expected to pass. The question there will be the moderate governor. From some pieces I’ve read, they believe the governor will sign it if it gets to his desk.

Really need to see GA, Alabama, Indiana and Nebraska pass it. I’m sure PA, MI, WI, LA and NC will as soon as their liberal democrat governors lose in the next election. If they do, we could see CC in 32 states. Pretty remarkable movement over the past 10 years

My son told me. He doesn't think Constitutional Carry will pass. I guess my only solution is to buy some land down there to qualify for a non resident permit. I've taken and passed the SC course and exam, so just need a little bit of land.

Yeah, we just got open carry instead.

My son told me. He doesn't think Constitutional Carry will pass. I guess my only solution is to buy some land down there to qualify for a non resident permit. I've taken and passed the SC course and exam, so just need a little bit of land.

I would suggest just buying property and moving there.

Personally, I'm waiting for SC, but my son says that I shouldn't hold my breath.
We came close. SC had an Open Carry and CC at the same time. Both had been introduced in both houses in for a number of years but always died of neglect. Leadership didn't like it.

This year, CC passed in the House along with Open Carry. Open Carry had been scheduled for debate in the Senate but leadership wouldn't even schedule hearings for CC. So a couple Senators offered amendments to Open Carry which would make it Open Carry and CC. This forced a roll call vote which smoked out 9 RINOs who voted No for the amendments. All Democrats were opposed of course. The vote on the amendment was 28-21.

Now we have a list of Senators who deserve a primary fight. A swing of four votes and it would have passed so we know the number we need to hit. And one of the nine will not be running for reelection. He died.

But that doesn’t mean he won't still vote. 🤬

SC is on the possible relocate list. My Mother in Law died in September and my wife wouldn't leave while her mother was still alive and needed some assistance. Now, we're starting to look in earnest.

My son and his family live in Lancaster County, so that's a potential landing zone as are some areas in York County. My grandson really wants us to move there, but as my wife pointed out we have to move somewhere we can establish a life of our own. We like the area, but there are other southern, low tax, gun friendly states to look at.

I would suggest just buying property and moving there.

Back
Top Bottom