• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Constitutional Carry tracker.

each time CC gets signed in a new state the reporting is almost always residents but it’s always wrong.
. . .
None of the new states passing CC are restricting it to residents only

Wyoming's CC was only for residents, however Gov Mark Gordon signed House Bill 116 to change that as of next month to cover all legal US residents.

I think we are going to see some hanky panky from the DoJ to try and interfere in Con. Carry & 2A Sanctuaries. The current regime does not want the majority of the country demonstrating that an absence of Gun Segregation (Control) does not negatively affect crime rates.

DOJ will have a tough time messing with CCstates. I agree the "2A sanctuary" laws are building on an unstable foundation of untested theories.

He can always run for Mayor of NOLA and swap with LaToya Cantrell.

no way is NOLA voting for the white guy
Wyoming's CC was only for residents, however Gov Mark Gordon signed House Bill 116 to change that as of next month to cover all legal US residents.

DOJ will have a tough time messing with CCstates. I agree the "2A sanctuary" laws are building on an unstable foundation of untested theories.

some states years ago restricted it to residents of that state only ie Wyoming, Montana. Twin engine then I haven’t seen a state who only restricted Con carry to residents only. I believe a few times dems tried to get the bills amended to be for residents only but those provisions were voted down

I think we are going to see some hanky panky from the DoJ to try and interfere in Con. Carry & 2A Sanctuaries. The current regime does not want the majority of the country demonstrating that an absence of Gun Segregation (Control) does not negatively affect crime rates.

one of the best things Mitch McConnell did in his senate career was to kill merrick garlands SCOTUS nomination. Garland is a leftist nut to his core

Last edited:
I really believe that his best play is to do nothing and allow it to become law. That way he can tell the lefties that he didn’t sign it but can still claim to be Pro-2A by not having vetoed it and point to all of the Pro-2A reforms that he signed last year.

The fact that this bill passed the House and the Senate with veto-proof majorities, put him in a tough spot. Not sure that he was expecting that. Especially after all types of LE in the state came out against it.

We’ll find out this week.

edwards vetoed it.

An override session is automatically teed up in Louisiana once the governor vetoes legislation, but it can be scrapped with majority written vote of lawmakers in either the House or Senate. Never before in Louisiana’s history have lawmakers returned to Baton Rouge after adjournment to overturn a governor’s veto.”

we’ll see how much passion they have for 2A. I think they’ll override the veto but that’s just a guess

edwards vetoed it.

An override session is automatically teed up in Louisiana once the governor vetoes legislation, but it can be scrapped with majority written vote of lawmakers in either the House or Senate. Never before in Louisiana’s history have lawmakers returned to Baton Rouge after adjournment to overturn a governor’s veto.”

we’ll see how much passion they have for 2A. I think they’ll override the veto but that’s just a guess
Saw that. Thanks for posting.

No veto has been overridden in 30 years in LA. But the environment is ripe. A LOT of people are super pissed about Taco Behl’s override of the transgender ban from women’s sports. Good chance a veto session gets called. This could be an epic embarrassment for JBE

and that's what they deserve for electing that fricken control freak JBE.

People thought the covid crap in the northeast was bad, JBE was like hold my beer...
JBE is an idiot but LA is not even comparable to MA with COVID hysteria and lockdowns. Not by a long shot.

I moved down here last summer and was going back and forth between MA and LA for two months prior to that.

When I got down here it felt like a different country with how open LA was compared to MA.

Given, I am not in New Orleans, where you have a whole separate level of authoritarianism with Coo Coo Cantrell.

JBE did sign onto some pro-2A reforms last summer (eg - CCW in church) but he has shown that he is just another lapdog for the left. His term as Gov is done in Jan 2024 and his political career in LA may be done also with this move. Unless he wants to be mayor of New Orleans.

No veto has been overridden in 30 years in LA. But the environment is ripe. A LOT of people are super pissed about Taco Behl’s override of the transgender ban from women’s sports. Good chance a veto session gets called. This could be an epic embarrassment for JBE

It could be the legislature that is virtue signaling here. If they were serious about seeing it through to the end, they would have prioritized it and passed it long before adjournment. Then it would have been signed, vetoed or allowed to pass sans signature while they were still in session.

Overriding the veto of the bill to prevent the transgender destruction of women's sports might be a greater motivation to call the special session, and if it does, they just might be in a mood to let the Governor know what they really think of him.

It could be the legislature that is virtue signaling here. If they were serious about seeing it through to the end, they would have prioritized it and passed it long before adjournment. Then it would have been signed, vetoed or allowed to pass sans signature while they were still in session.

Overriding the veto of the bill to prevent the transgender destruction of women's sports might be a greater motivation to call the special session, and if it does, they just might be in a mood to let the Governor know what they really think of him.
That is my hope. I have been in contact with my State Rep and State Senator as well as the President of the Senate and Speaker in anticipation of this veto. There are many others that have been burning up the phone lines for this as well.

That is why this passed both chambers with veto-proof majorities despite the LA Sheriff Association coming out against it.

JBE is an idiot but LA is not even comparable to MA with COVID hysteria and lockdowns. Not by a long shot.

I moved down here last summer and was going back and forth between MA and LA for two months prior to that.

When I got down here it felt like a different country with how open LA was compared to MA.

Given, I am not in New Orleans, where you have a whole separate level of authoritarianism with Coo Coo Cantrell.

JBE did sign onto some pro-2A reforms last summer (eg - CCW in church) but he has shown that he is just another lapdog for the left. His term as Gov is done in Jan 2024 and his political career in LA may be done also with this move. Unless he wants to be mayor of New Orleans.

he’s no different than Mary landrieu Jon tester, manchin or the others who claim to be a moderate or conservative dems with common sense. When the hard left needs their vote, they’re always there to give it.

watch manchin be the 50th for that asshat nominee for ATF. The left never has a McCain or Romney

Last edited:

lulz. Moving from LA to NH last August was like moving from a depression era prison breadline to a Vegas buffet line.

Hope that veto gets trashed. Too many good folks in LA to be subjected to poor treatment by their governor.

Assuming a person can get a LTC in Mass - we have better gun laws.

What good is Constitutional Carry if you can't carry anywhere.
Seriously? You think MA has better gun laws. go carry your concealed handgun in Ma and "print" or accidently reveal it. Oh wait, that's IF your local LO decides to bestow on you the PRIVELEGE of having an LTC or an unrestricted one so you can actually LTCarry.

And by and large, you can carry anywhere in TX that you could in MA. Sure we HAVE a binding signage law but so many places don't enforce it. And what happens in MA if a business posts a "no guns allowed" sign and you do it anyway and get caught? especially "in the wrong town" where some little dickweed of a cop needs to show his authority? In TX, you break that binding signage and it's a slap on the wrist (at least the first time). Can you carry on campuses in MA? At church? In hospitals? What good is being "allowed" to carry a gun places if you can't even get a LTC without 2 doctor's notes, a "good reason" and the right attitude by some pissant high on his own "power" to deny or restrict you? To claim MA is better than TX? Please. I'm not saying TX is perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than MA. Oh, you can't buy a new Glock because it's not on some super secret list and you aren't of the priveleged class? Too f***ing bad. Not "large capacity magazines" for you unless you can PROVE they are pre-ban. Yeah, I'll take all the 30 round AR mags I want and normal capacity magazines for ANY GUN I WANT TO BUY and can afford over MA subjugation. And you better never use your gun in self defense in MA because MA doesn't believe in "self help." Just make sure your rape whistle is working and you have a full bladder before you dare walk the streets or even walk to your car at night where someone could attack you.
Please.

The bright side is that CO is going to do extremely dumb shit from a legal perspective that will result in federal court cases they will lose.
the worst one is the one where towns can prohibit the possession of certain firearms within their limits. That's 271 different sets of laws. No freaking way.

Seriously? You think MA has better gun laws. go carry your concealed handgun in Ma and "print" or accidently reveal it. Oh wait, that's IF your local LO decides to bestow on you the PRIVELEGE of having an LTC or an unrestricted one so you can actually LTCarry.

And by and large, you can carry anywhere in TX that you could in MA. Sure we HAVE a binding signage law but so many places don't enforce it. And what happens in MA if a business posts a "no guns allowed" sign and you do it anyway and get caught? especially "in the wrong town" where some little dickweed of a cop needs to show his authority? In TX, you break that binding signage and it's a slap on the wrist (at least the first time). Can you carry on campuses in MA? At church? In hospitals? What good is being "allowed" to carry a gun places if you can't even get a LTC without 2 doctor's notes, a "good reason" and the right attitude by some pissant high on his own "power" to deny or restrict you? To claim MA is better than TX? Please. I'm not saying TX is perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than MA. Oh, you can't buy a new Glock because it's not on some super secret list and you aren't of the priveleged class? Too f***ing bad. Not "large capacity magazines" for you unless you can PROVE they are pre-ban. Yeah, I'll take all the 30 round AR mags I want and normal capacity magazines for ANY GUN I WANT TO BUY and can afford over MA subjugation. And you better never use your gun in self defense in MA because MA doesn't believe in "self help." Just make sure your rape whistle is working and you have a full bladder before you dare walk the streets or even walk to your car at night where someone could attack you.
Please.
I dont know enough about TX law to pick a dog in this MA vs TX fight, but a lot/most of what you wrote regarding MA is scaredycat bs/Massprudence fuddlore.

Seriously? You think MA has better gun laws. go carry your concealed handgun in Ma and "print" or accidently reveal it. Literally nothing would happen, legally speaking. Oh wait, that's IF your local LO decides to bestow on you the PRIVELEGE of having an LTC or an unrestricted one so you can actually LTCarry. Texas JUST passed CC and currently requires a permit to carry concealed. Also, there are maybe half a dozen locales in MA where you might have trouble getting an unrestricted LTC (I got one when I lived in Boston so even that wasn't impossible).

And by and large, you can carry anywhere in TX that you could in MA. Sure we HAVE a binding signage law but so many places don't enforce it. Exactly, you have binding signage. That sucks. And what happens in MA if a business posts a "no guns allowed" sign and you do it anyway and get caught? especially "in the wrong town" where some little dickweed of a cop needs to show his authority? "Little duckweed cops" are by no means exclusive to MA. Also, nothing would really happen if such a business called the cops. In TX, you break that binding signage and it's a slap on the wrist (at least the first time). Can you carry on campuses in MA? At church? Yes. In hospitals? Yes. What good is being "allowed" to carry a gun places if you can't even get a LTC without 2 doctor's notes, a "good reason" and the right attitude by some pissant high on his own "power" to deny or restrict you? I've never had to do any of that. To claim MA is better than TX? Please. I'm not saying TX is perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than MA. Oh, you can't buy a new Glock because it's not on some super secret list and you aren't of the priveleged class? Too f***ing bad. Not "large capacity magazines" for you unless you can PROVE they are pre-ban. Yeah, I'll take all the 30 round AR mags I want and normal capacity magazines for ANY GUN I WANT TO BUY and can afford over MA subjugation. CARRYING is better in MA, not buying. And you better never use your gun in self defense in MA because MA doesn't believe in "self help." Cite please. Just make sure your rape whistle is working and you have a full bladder before you dare walk the streets or even walk to your car at night where someone could attack you.
Please.
Responses in red.

Texas, even before CC, was "shall issue." Texas also has a very broad view of self defense as opposed to MA. Especially when it comes to trespassing.
The various signs and trespassing laws for licensed-vs-unlicensed, and the various penalties, are going to seriously get some people jammed up.

The various signs and trespassing laws for licensed-vs-unlicensed, and the various penalties, are going to seriously get some people jammed up.
not really. most of the penalties for violating any signage are minor. And most police, if called, will just inform you to leave. If you don't leave then, it's much worse but you would have to be a complete tool. It is really interesting when I see signs posted against "unlicensed carry." I wonder how that will be effected. Because prior to this "unlicensed carry," except for long guns was a criminal offense. (no license required to carry a long gun - try THAT in MA)

Could we be headed for an override party?

“I’ve seen our legislators have more interest in an override session than ever before,” said Sharon Hewitt.

So far the governor’s vetoed two high-interest bills: one banning transgender athletes from participating in female athletics and another allowing gun owners to carry concealed firearms without a permit. Both passed with veto-proof majorities.

“The speaker of the house and president of the senate feel like they already have the votes to override the governor’s veto,” said Robert Collins, Ph.D.

As I recall, violating the blue, 30.06, 30.07, and and soon 30.05 signs are all misdemeanors. TX will also suspend a LTC and when the suspension term is up, return it to the holder. Try THAT in MA and see what happens.

The only felony is violating a red "51%" sign. I don't know if you've seen one FF, but they are large, red, and have a big "51%" on them. They also inform the reader that violating it is a felony.

The blue and red signs are required by the Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission, and the 30.xx signs are covered under the firearms licensing laws.

At one time TX law required DPS to track criminal activity by LTC holders and print an annual report. I don't know if they still do it as the numbers were always miniscule.

not really. most of the penalties for violating any signage are minor. And most police, if called, will just inform you to leave. If you don't leave then, it's much worse but you would have to be a complete tool. It is really interesting when I see signs posted against "unlicensed carry." I wonder how that will be effected. Because prior to this "unlicensed carry," except for long guns was a criminal offense. (no license required to carry a long gun - try THAT in MA)

The penalties are all criminal, and I do not place nearly as much faith in what police would do as you, especially in certain jurisdictions.

Most southern states have a lot of restrictions on guns still on the books. Those states were almost completely controlled by racist democrats (I know that’s redundant) for over 100 years and as we know gun control has a very strong l8nk to racism. Texas had liberal democrat governors into the1990s and no ability to conceal carry until the1980s. Those southern states are getting much better but there’s still a good amount of bad laws still and there are liberal hellholes in all states were they are certainly not pro 2A

Imagine if this happened here,

The headline is a misleading because the shooting happened after the guy ran away while be held for the police. He then grabbed the wife's gun and started shooting. That's when the husband shot, but didn't kill him.

No arrest of the husband, all guns not confiscated, case to be referred to Grand Jury as provided by TX law. Based on reading about other self defense shootings in Texas, especially Harris County, this will be "no billed" by the Grand Jury.

Back
Top Bottom