Conservative Underground

TonyD said:
MrsWildweasel said:
Yoou going to tell me a Marine Lt is any better than an Army Lt? Yeah right. :D

Something akin to night and day. Totally different indoctrination. Kind of like and Army PFC and a Marine PFC. [wink]

Oh thank god Tony saved me from having to post the same exact thing. [lol]

How about an Army LT who had signed for all of Field Station,and then couldn't account for everything? He was actually more dangerous to himself. He was why they printed this side towards enemy on a claymore.

MrsWildweasel said:
How about an Army LT who had signed for all of Field Station,and then couldn't account for everything? He was actually more dangerous to himself. He was why they printed this side towards enemy on a claymore.

Like I said, an Army officer.

You didn't break me, it's the meds talking really it is. :) Just like I'm sure infantry officers are better than what we had. God I hope so anyways.

MrsWildweasel said:
You didn't break me, it's the meds talking really it is. :) Just like I'm sure infantry officers are better than what we had. God I hope so anyways.

Probably. But I've seen cub scouts with better land nav skills.

Alan won't deny it. It came down to country boys versus city boys. Country boys left the city boys twice,and had to twice go back in and find the city boys.

derek said:
MrsWildweasel said:

Probably. But I've seen cub scouts with better land nav skills.

Holy Cripes! I've had to teach every officer I ever met in the field how to use a f'ing map and compass. What the Hell do they actually teach at The Basic School, anyway?

Me, as a battle skills instructor: (actual truth)

"Sir, I think you should recalculate your azmith using the declination diagram".

"Sergeant, are you being beligerent? Are you questioning my skills?"

"No, sir, I think you should be good to go with your track." (see you in a week, bitch!)

Too funny,but sounds about right. It's alaso why were sending a GPS with Alan,so if he has one going we should go this way and it is really wrong he can say see ya. Just so he can back up the map too.

TonyD said:
Lynne said:
TonyD said:
Lynne said:
Aw...I just checked...you're not on now. Oh well...so much for the grace period.

[lol]

Ahh, but I have not left. Swift, Silent, and Deadly. But, that's a Marine thing. [wink]

Hehehehe...you haven't come up against me yet. [wink]

Nor, you me. However, in all normal circumstances, I will capitulate to a lady. Chivalry is not dead.

That's what I'm counting on, Sugah. :p

TonyD said:
Lynne said:
TonyD said:
Lynne said:
Aw...I just checked...you're not on now. Oh well...so much for the grace period.

[lol]

Ahh, but I have not left. Swift, Silent, and Deadly. But, that's a Marine thing. [wink]

Nor, you me. However, in all normal circumstances, I will capitulate to a lady. Chivalry is not dead.

Yes it is. I killed him with an AD. [lol] [lol]

MrsWildweasel said:
Too funny,but sounds about right. It's alaso why were sending a GPS with Alan,so if he has one going we should go this way and it is really wrong he can say see ya. Just so he can back up the map too.

GPS is good shit in the dessert. No land marks if you don't follow precisely by a compass every second, you're screwed.

The above is truth, more than once. The worst part is that I'd have to go and find the f'ing idiots before they starved to death. Actually, ran out of water.

I'm an officer and I know more than you. Good, hit the f'ing road with your bad self.

It was amazing to me how a freakin' butter bar with one year TIS thought he knew more than me. Absolutely amazing.

Me being me,I would have let them starve and run out of water if that was their attitude. I always got the they knew more than me and tried to tell me how to do my job. They couldn't even start to do my job. Glenn will tell you he's amazed I never got written up.

TonyD said:
MrsWildweasel said:
Probably the only reason the Marine officers are better is because of their NCO's anyways. :D

That may very well be true!

The Basic School - Lesson One
Your assignment is to deploy your weapons platoon to cover a tree line along a trail 4 miles north of your current position. After covering 3 miles you encounter a deep ravine blocking your route. The ravine is approximately 30 feet wide and 70 feet deep, extending several miles in both directions. You must be in position in 45 minutes. How to you go about getting your men and equipment across the ravine?

Answer
"Sergeant, form up the platoon on the far side of that ravine."

Ken

derek said:
TonyD said:
Lynne said:
TonyD said:
Lynne said:

[lol]

Yes it is. I killed him with an AD. [lol] [lol]

[lol] [lol] [lol]

We're not supposed to either, but at times it would be nice. Alan got smoked twice for leaving the 2 city boys in the woods,then had to go retrieve them. As I said I ALWAYS pointed out the error of their ways. :D

derek said:
MrsWildweasel,

You're going to need to call for fire. You need back up in here quick!

:D

Poor choice of words, Derek, I belong to a 155mm SP Battalion.

An officer is only good when he/she listens to his/her NCO's. And to tell the truth, both the "Corps" and the Army have really good NCO's, the best in the world. In fact, we don't really need officers in a lot of situations.

And, I forgot to add that an Army LT usually listens to Maintenance Folks, especially Maintenance NCO's that operate a wrecker or recovery vehicle.

The 3 people in the Army that you don't piss off:

The Motor Sergeant, the Supply Sergeant and the Mess Sergeant.

Or, you'll be walking down the road, half dressed and hungry.

KMaurer said:
TonyD said:
MrsWildweasel said:
Probably the only reason the Marine officers are better is because of their NCO's anyways. :D

That may very well be true!

The Basic School - Lesson One
Your assignment is to deploy your weapons platoon to cover a tree line along a trail 4 miles north of your current position. After covering 3 miles you encounter a deep ravine blocking your route. The ravine is approximately 30 feet wide and 70 feet deep, extending several miles in both directions. You must be in position in 45 minutes. How to you go about getting your men and equipment across the ravine?

Answer
"Sergeant, form up the platoon on the far side of that ravine."

Ken

That's it exactly!

The Army actually put a similar scenario in it's leadership Field Manual some years ago.

A Captain was teaching some young 2d LT's and gave them the task of erecting a flag pole. They were given a squad of troops, led by a Sergeant to accomplish the task.

Aftrer several false attempts, and several hours, the Captain returned. The 2LT's had not gotten the task complete.

So, the Captain said "Let me show you how it's done. Sergeant, have the men erect the flag pole."

And the SGT carried out the order.

Back
Top Bottom