• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Inside the American Redoubt: Christian conservatives are building a fortress — and preparing for anarchy

This sounds... familiar...
200.gif

Here is a question...

What do they mean by "Redoubt".

"Doubt" again?

What does this mean???

It's an old-skool military term. Sort of a supersized foxhole or tiny fortress.

Read about the Battle of Bunker Hill. The militia defended from a redoubt, plus some sketchy outworks on the Mystic River side.

It's an old-skool military term. Sort of a supersized foxhole or tiny fortress.

Read about the Battle of Bunker Hill. The militia defended from a redoubt, plus some sketchy outworks on the Mystic River side.
We are on to something here and that was very helpful.

Has nothing to do with doubt - as in to deny something.

A redoubt (historically redout)[1][2] is a fort or fort system usually consisting of an enclosed defensive emplacement outside a larger fort, usually relying on earthworks, although some are constructed of stone or brick.[3] It is meant to protect soldiers outside the main defensive line and can be a permanent structure or a hastily constructed temporary fortification. The word means "a place of retreat".[2] Redoubts were a component of the military strategies of most European empires during the colonial era, especially in the outer works of Vauban-style fortresses made popular during the 17th century, although the concept of redoubts has existed since medieval times. A redoubt differs from a redan in that the redan is open in the rear, whereas the redoubt was considered an enclosed work.[4]

I don't want to move there because as an older person I want to be close to medical facilities.

I plan on staying in Massachusetts.

Back
Top Bottom