Congressman: ‘If you wanna take everyone’s AR-15 in America why don’t you swing by my office…?’

Reptile

NES Member
Congressman Ken Buck (R-CO) threw down the gauntlet Friday, challenging Democrat presidential frontrunner Joe Biden and notorious anti-gunner Beto O’Rourke to come take his firearm.

“I have a message for Joe Biden and Beto O’Rourke. If you wanna take everyone’s AR-15 in America why don’t you swing by my office in Washington DC and start with this one?” Congressman Buck asks.

“Come and take it,” he adds, grabbing an AR-15 mounted on the wall with an American flag pattern.

Congressman Ken Buck (R-CO) threw down the gauntlet Friday, challenging Democrat presidential frontrunner Joe Biden and notorious anti-gunner Beto O’Rourke to come take his firearm.

“I have a message for Joe Biden and Beto O’Rourke. If you wanna take everyone’s AR-15 in America why don’t you swing by my office in Washington DC and start with this one?” Congressman Buck asks.

“Come and take it,” he adds, grabbing an AR-15 mounted on the wall with an American flag pattern.

Wow for a minute there I thought this was going to be Seth Moulton and that he has come down with COVID 19...

Reminds me of that photo of Pete but-whatever his name was posing with a gun with no rear sights

If you mean the picture of him wearing mismatched camos and holding an M4, the rifle did have a rear BUIS. I'll leave analyzing the significance of being issued a rifle with no optics to someone with mil experience, but that picture was discussed on arfcom, specifically wrt alleged absence of the rear sight.

gotta agree with all defending him. who cares about the lack of tacticool. it's a campaign ad.

said it's his office in washington. the capitol building? can he even have a functional firearm in there? who knows what he has on his real stuff back in colorado.

don't even know if he owns or uses guns in his home state. i like the message

Last edited:
You would think he would have gotten around to putting some sights on the damn thing no?

Reminds me of that photo of Pete but-whatever his name was posing with a gun with no rear sights
No sights!
Trigger lock in place!
Real badass!
Who gives a shit? It's his message that counts, not the details about his rifle. Some people are never happy...

How is this legal in anti-gun Washington DC? A few years ago people were all up in arms because someone brought a 30 round mag into DC for a hearing and this guy has one sticking out from the AR mounted on his wall in his office?

How is this legal in anti-gun Washington DC? A few years ago people were all up in arms because someone brought a 30 round mag into DC for a hearing and this guy has one sticking out from the AR mounted on his wall in his office?
Invoked special "David Gregory" rules. It isn't illegal if someone "special" does it.

-Gary

Do you think these Dems are smart enough to know the difference between a wallhanger and the real thing? How many times has a camera tripod or an umbrella been called a gun?

Would be a better message if it were complete/functional instead of appearing to be a wall hanger

You would think he would have gotten around to putting some sights on the damn thing no?

It's a 'show' gun. No need to go any further than that. Who tf would seriously have an AR for anything other than show with that paint scheme on it.

Is it the next issue M4 for the Marines? No. It's his way of saying he supports the 2A, without putting much thought into it.

ep. Haley Stevens

@RepHaleyStevens

"Your congressional office is not your private home. It is a public space. This behavior is threatening and unacceptable. I feel unsafe with this in my place of work. I have been in contact with the Sergeant at Arms to express my concerns."

[rofl]

But munch aside, I recall years ago the carbine teacher at Sig talking about day-3 being rear-sight-free day. After that many rounds down range you should be able to make man-sized hits with cheekweld and front sight.

probably a lot different in our current optic-driven world.

Back
Top Bottom