• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Concealed carry road rage-both drivers DOA

I drive a 12' rack body dump that I have to press the gas pedal to keep it going downhill, you're lucky if I drive the limit even when i'm empty. I just wave to people that look at me. to date nobody has been aggressive probably due to it being a truck and people kind of expect it to go slow.
now a sporty PT cruiser should be flowing with the traffic.[rolleyes]

Not sure why all the jokes about dawin etc....from the looks of it the 1st driver should be mourned as a lost "good guy". Your driving down the road being followed by someone, you pull to let him pass, he follows you and gets out with a gun. You are carrying also, and, being a good guy, maybe hesitate a little too much and let him get off the first shot....now knowing your "clear to fire", you shoot back, mortally wounding the aggressor, but you've already been mortally wounded yourself. 1st driver could have been any one of us. I call it that 1st driver was a good guy, 2nd driver was a murderous scumbag just like any other that us good guys talk about on here.

The car is mightier than the sword. Guy #1 should have hit the accelerator and gotten the hell out of Dodge instead of turning and fighting.

I admit this is Monday morning quarterbacking, but its a lesson we all could learn from. Guy #1 may have been "in the right," but that's probably not a lot of consolation to his family and friends.

Rule #1 - Make it home alive. Nothing else matters.

I previously posted that "both drivers acted improperly."

Even though the guy in the trailing car seems to have been the aggressor (based upon the limited information that we have), the guy in the lead car could have handled it better if he was legitimately trying to de-escalate the situation.

The first thing he probably should have done was take a right turn onto another street to see if the guy in the car behind him continued to follow. If he took a couple of right turns in a row and was still being followed, that's a pretty good sign that he's being targeted for some reason (not necessarily for just driving too slow for the guy behind him). At that point, it's time to go into Condition Orange and look for other ways to take evasive action.

In a more common road rage situation, when someone pulls off the road into a parking lot, that can easily be taken as a challenge... as in "let's pull over and fight." If the guy in the lead car wanted to avoid a fight, he would have been better off putting on his turn signal and slowing down while pulling off toward the right side of the street and also waiving the guy to go around him with his left hand out the window.

He should not have left the street, which made it harder to speed away if necessary, and he should not have stopped his car while he was being followed.

Last edited:

Even though the guy in the trailing car seems to have been the aggressor (based upon the limited information that we have), the guy in the lead car could have handled it better if he was legitimately trying to de-escalate the situation.

The first thing he probably should have done was take a right turn onto another street to see if the guy in the car behind him continued to follow. If he took a couple of right turns in a row and was still being followed, that's a pretty good sign that he's being targeted for some reason (not necessarily for just driving too slow for the guy behind him). At that point, it's time to go into Condition Orange and look for other ways to take evasive action.

In a more common road rage situation, when someone pulls off the road into a parking lot, that can easily be taken as a challenge... as in "let's pull over and fight." If the guy in the lead car wanted to avoid a fight, he would have been better off putting on his turn signal and slowing down while pulling off toward the right side of the street and also waiving the guy to go around him with his left hand out the window.

He should not have left the street, which made it harder to speed away if necessary, and he should not have stopped his car while he was being followed.
All good advice... but sometimes you still can't outrun'em and unless you know where the popo station is to pull into it...

...and you never know... the guy in front might not even know why the guy behind him is acting so weirdly or aggressively or whatever. Sometimes people take offense at something you don't even realize you did... or it's their perception that's off.

Anyway, it's a scary situation.

BUT I will be posting this to an anti as a perfect example of how much better aim CCWs have than police, and when he calls me nuts I'll just explain that I was giving him an example of the kind of nutty, irrational thinking shit that he posts all the time.

This is why I "refuse" to get mad when on the road now. Plus I have two other "reasons" (e.g. kids) to keep it cool.

I don't know who said it, but I've adopted it: If you're carrying, you thereby forfeit the right to get mad.

Life's too short to worry about the other motorists in traffic, IMHO (of course I say that now - when I was younger I was a typical M@$$hole driver.)

Quoted for truth.

I don't know if I learned that in Driver's Ed, but it's a great tactic, especially for a self-described "normal/assertive" driver. When I get tailgated by an "aggressive" driver on a simple, two-lane road out here in the sticks, I'll slow down, put on my right turn signal, and if they need more coaxing, I'll flag them with my hand (keeping my middle finger aligned with the other fingers on the hand, of course [smile].) But I never stop; I'll have my right-side tires on the white line and traveling around 10 mph. Works every time, unless of course, somebody is specifically targeting you.

On rare occasion I get a "thank you" wave back.

The tailgater is gone, the situation has been deescalated, and everybody presumably gets where they're going without the assistance of a gurney a couple of EMTs.

The problem is that the antis will portray these two mouth-breathers as 'typical' gun owners and use this incident as the kind of thing that will be a daily occurrence if people are allowed to carry guns in public.

Who cares? The anti's will use that shooting in Shitcago to show how no firearms should be allowed in the US because a 3 year old got shot.

You're never going to win the "keep our noses out of trouble and they will leave us alone" argument because bad things happen all the time. Our rights are not contingent on whether or not someone somewhere abuses them.

He should not have left the street, which made it harder to speed away if necessary, and he should not have stopped his car while he was being followed, unless it was a police station parking lot.

FIFY

Back
Top Bottom