Concealed Carry Candidates

I think a compact polymer auto like the M&P compact or G26/27 is the best compromise on size/weight/capacity/shootability for many people. It looks like the SR9c is in the same size class, but I haven't shot one.

Kel-Tec PF9, It only has a 7 round mag but you can carry two spares without a problem. Get the belt clip it will disappear under a tight t-shirt and you won't even realize that you are carrying.

Kel Tec P-11 carries 10 +1 and it is the lightest 9mm made, next to the PF9. You can also get a 12 rd mag which will give you 13 with one in the chamber. It doesn't stick out much more than the 10 rd mag.
Easily concealable but you must, practice, practice, practice with the long trigger pull. Once you've got that down then you're good to go. Great little gun and the price is $280-$350. Hard Chrome is the bomb diggity!

Another positive review here for the SR9c. Light, shoots well, and has what I believe to be an excellent trigger. I'm not a big guy (5'5", 165lbs) and I've had no trouble concealing it either IWB or under a dress shirt in one of these. Plus, depending on what state you're in it'll even come with a full size 17rd SR9 mag too.

There aren't a lot of gun vids on Youtube that I'm a fan of, but do yourself a favor and check out Hickok45's take on the SR9c.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glock 26 all the way if you can afford it or Kahr pm9 a solid 3rd choice would be M&Pc and would be in your price range. For a cheep small light 9mm a kel tec p11 or pf9 are good guns. I have a p3at that is perfect for summer carry its a 380. The kel tecs though not mass legal aren't to hard to find and the p11's are usually 300 or so even in MA. No actual experience with the sr9c but the full size is a great gun almost on par with a Glock.
Good luck

Glock19

If you do buy an SR9, do yourself a favor and carry it with the safety off.

How is carrying the SR9 with the safety on any different than carrying a 1911 cocked & locked? I'm not trying to be argumentative, just genuinely curious whether you see a distinction there.

Back
Top Bottom