Conceal carry in the front? (above your we...e)

AIWB takes a little getting used to. I started with a DA/SA gun, then to a striker fire gun (P365). If I'm driving any significant distance I'll usually keep it IWB 3:30 and then slide it over when I get to my destination (or I keep it in jacked pocket if driving w/ jacket on). I have this [perhaps irrational] fear that when I'm driving that if I get into an accident I don't want the impact/seatbelt causing the gun to go off, even though in my mind I know it won't happen. I also don't like having that much pressure on the gun for long periods of time even though I know that really won't do anything either.

I do not holster the gun with live ammo, I always put the gun on already holstered. When I train to draw w/ snap caps I'll reholster as well, but I probably wouldn't ever re-holster w/ live ammo and if I did, I'd be extremely careful when doing so.

Are you old enough to carry?

No: Your question is irrelevant - come back when you are

Yes: do what makes YOU comfortable. Also, let others do the same.

Me, personally. Appendix, DA/SA, quality piece. No worries.
Oh, I'm old and my kids are grown, so that reduces the "risk factors" [laugh]

This is seriously one of the most personal choices that one can make, on several levels. But it's a PERSONAL choice.

5:00 - 6:00 is really the only area where you will never flag anything important (don’t carry at 6, if you land on your ass You could break your spine).

Even at 3-4:00 you are still potentially flagging your femoral artery quite a bit.

Any position is fine with a quality holster and a decent modern firearm. If guns were going off inside the holster for no reason, you’d be hearing about it.

YouTube can show you good technique for any position. 99.999% of failures are human error.

AIWB has the best concealment if you are just wearing a tshirt IMO.

I've always felt that strong side hip carry for me printed like crazy... maybe it's because I'm short and chubbier than I should be.

Appendix just seems to conceal better and it's fine comfort wise with my P365, Shield, or G43. If I lost just 5 pounds it would be even better, but I like fried foods and BBQ.

I carry appendix, usually it's more of a 1-2 than a 12, but for sure over my femoral artery as opposed to penis.

Gonna be honest, if I didn't trust the gun I wouldn't own it. The gun has not one, not two, but 3 safeties that would need to fail for it to go off. I use a kydex holster I inspect frequently, and I don't f*** with it when it's on. There's no way it's accidentally going off, and if I negligently discharge it because Im f***ing with it that's on me.

The risk of accidental discharge while in the holster is basically nil. The risks are while drawing (getting your finger on the trigger too soon) and holstering (leaving your finger on the trigger or an article of clothing fouling the trigger).

I carry appendix, usually it's more of a 1-2 than a 12, but for sure over my femoral artery as opposed to penis.

Gonna be honest, if I didn't trust the gun I wouldn't own it. The gun has not one, not two, but 3 safeties that would need to fail for it to go off. I use a kydex holster I inspect frequently, and I don't f*** with it when it's on. There's no way it's accidentally going off, and if I negligently discharge it because Im f***ing with it that's on me.
At least you’re still alive after shooting your penis off.
Femoral artery is an instant death most times.

I carry at 4-4:30 and a loose tee shirt covers just fine

At least you’re still alive after shooting your penis off.
Femoral artery is an instant death most times.

I carry at 4-4:30 and a loose tee shirt covers just fine
Do you really want to live with the indignity of shooting your dick off?

I rotate between a G30,G43 and a G17 all appendix carry with a spare mag, mag is at roughly 11:30 and handgun at 12:30.

I haven’t found a holster/gun combo that I can carry strong side IWB that doesn’t give me back pain because of the pressure on my hips and I think AIWB conceals the best for me in my work gear (tshirts/polo/sweatshirt etc)

I’m 5’11” 160

Not particularly but it could be worse. I’d be able to use any bathroom I wanted.

LOOK MA!! No hands.
No need to shoot your dick off for that - plenty of guys with dicks use women's bathrooms nowadays.
It won't be long until women will be safer using men's rooms as all the sick and mentally ill are flooding the women's bathrooms.

Back
Top Bottom