Conceal carry in a commercial vehicle?

Not sure if it's been covered before but I tried a search before posting. I drive a tractor trailer day cab local and can't seem to find an actual yes or no if it's OK to carry in a commercial vehicle within the state of my LTC was issued. It somebody could shed some light on this for me it would be highly appreciated. If covered before that I couldn't find please delete and point me to the rite direction.

Thanks in advance, charlie

I know many people that drive CDL that carry.It is all up to who you work for,and location your driving to.

I don't see why not. As long as there is no company policy stopping you from doing so or where your destination is and their rules. If it's all in state and you have the license I'd say do it.

I drive a commercial van every day as a service tech for restaurants and hotels and I carry every day. Though it's not a tractor trailer but I've never heard of anything against it per law.

I figured it was just company policy but remember hearing in the past it was a no go but no real proof. I pull dump trailers so I'm always local and just in and out of job sites or gravel pits.

Its all about company policy. I have asked many dot officers and researched it myself and never found any law that prohibits it. One of the biggest reasons people say truck drivers cant carry is reprocity. Many of us travel from state to state and that would restrict alot of us. Thankfully i only travel Ma,NH,Me and Vt in my commercial vehicle.

Also over the years i have had a few people tell me it is illegal when i challenged those people to show my a state, fed law or even fmcsa reg stating it is illegal they could never provide 1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom