Compromise on the 2nd amendment

A "compromise" is when each side gives something. There has been no compromising as far back as I can remember . . . we have given in but got nothing in return each and every time!

It's long overdue that we should hold the line and in fact attack the antis in the courts and in the legislature to win back some of what we've lost. That's a tough row to hoe but what needs to be done, when we get some people in the courts and legislature who think like we do or can read the Constitutions without a political agenda.

A "compromise" is when each side gives something. There has been no compromising as far back as I can remember . . . we have given in but got nothing in return each and every time!

It's long overdue that we should hold the line and in fact attack the antis in the courts and in the legislature to win back some of what we've lost. That's a tough row to hoe but what needs to be done, when we get some people in the courts and legislature who think like we do or can read the Constitutions without a political agenda.

Exactly! There isn't one instance where anti-gun people said we'll let you keep this if you give us that, and even if they did, the answer is still, NO COMPROMISE! The NRA tried it when compromising for further regulations on bump stocks in exchange for national reciprocity.

“According to the FBI, in 2015, 6,447 people were killed by handguns. The total number of people killed by rifles of all types was only 252, less than half the number of people (624) murdered by means of “hands, fists, and feet.” Yet the current obsession is not to ban handguns, but to outlaw AR-15s and other semi-automatic rifles.”
Be patient, they're working on it. Baby steps...

The only time we got anything close to a compromise was when we got FOPA, and let's be honest: that ain't shit.

I'd rather hang anti gun commies by the thousands than compromise.
Dear commies:

1dswy9.jpg

“According to the FBI, in 2015, 6,447 people were killed by handguns. The total number of people killed by rifles of all types was only 252, less than half the number of people (624) murdered by means of “hands, fists, and feet.” Yet the current obsession is not to ban handguns, but to outlaw AR-15s and other semi-automatic rifles.”

The answer to that is the basis for the 2nd Amendment. It was never about the right to own handguns.

If they can implement a national ban on modern rifles, they will next go after handguns, which are used in far more murders and other crimes. If they get that, they'll point out that hunters don't need more than three shots, and then they'll go after all repeaters, and eventually we'll be down to England's model, where a farmer can own just one single-barrel shotgun, as long as it's locked up separately from any ammunition, and only used for vermin control.
Politician.
Politic
Poli = many
Tic = blood sucking vermin
Hmm....

'Compromise' is irrelevant whenever you're talking about something that has some connection to a constitutional right. The courts always have the last word(s). Whether its speech, religion, privacy, abortion, guns,.......... there will always be someone who is not satisfied with the legislative status quo and will try to push or limit the bounds of that right.

Lawmakers don't have the lst word.

'Compromise' is irrelevant whenever you're talking about something that has some connection to a constitutional right. The courts always have the last word(s). Whether its speech, religion, privacy, abortion, guns,.......... there will always be someone who is not satisfied with the legislative status quo and will try to push or limit the bounds of that right.

Lawmakers don't have the lst word.

Soap box -> ballot box -> jury box -> cartridge box.

In the end there will be a compromise. Likely a redo of the AWB. It’s reality and it’s coming

No, actually in the end there will be a shooting war where tens of thousands of people are going to die on both sides of the issue.

I used to think the way the article uses as an example - that it was "okay" to compromise a "little" because hey, it's just a "little" and that seems fair and reasonable, etc.

Note, "used to think".

Not anymore. F that. No more compromising, we've seen what compromising does and the article makes mention of it directly. It just emboldens those who wish to see ALL of us disarmed or otherwise gimped
with more ham-fisted laws that don't do anything, other than making Liberals all "warm and fuzzy". No thanks.
Compromise works! Remember, "All we want is to ban smoking on intercontinental flights." That wasn't too much to ask, now was it?

It seems that all the hooplah to remove the Second Amendment is probably a smokescreen to get a Constitutional Convention to get rid of the Electoral College as well.
Without the Electoral College, is is easy for the owners of the Democratic Party to use their Fake News Media to influence and control the popular vote, and allows even more corruption and oppression of Civil Rights, as occurs now in the cities and states with strict, but unenforced, gun laws. {These are prime locations for drug gangs and corrupt politicians.}

This would still require approval of 3/4 of the states - even amendments like the balanced budget proposal couldn't get near that. Unless a group of states secedes, I don't see any amendments, especially the elimination of the second amendment - getting over the legal hurdles.

I don't think there is any compromise. This isn't really about guns. It's about power, submission and political misdirection.

Were every gun owner in the country go Australian and turn them all in, what do you suppose would be the next thing for the "other" party, which ever party that might be, to get in your face about?

I'm..

Damn I'm so conflicted about how to prepare .

Fine!

Using electoral maps, I'm attempting to identify the states which will be safe harbor for original US Constitution supporting persons .

Tx, Ga, Tn, KT I will grant .Will work on posting over/under images in a few hours .going to work on it during lunch.

The reason why I am concerned is Maine will go bad due to Cumberland Cty. NH is also going to be lost. I'm trying to figure out where I need to be by 2020 when this shit is going to get to the Alas Babylon point.

I'm..

Fine!

Using electoral maps, I'm attempting to identify the states which will be safe harbor for original US Constitution supporting persons .

Tx, Ga, Tn, KT I will grant .Will work on posting over/under images in a few hours .going to work on it during lunch.

The reason why I am concerned is Maine will go bad due to Cumberland Cty. NH is also going to be lost. I'm trying to figure out where I need to be by 2020 when this shit is going to get to the Alas Babylon point.

Warning: If you come to KT......(KY) don't bring any liberal politics or belief systems with you as you will not fit.:D

I'm..

Fine!

I'm not sure why TX is on that list, TX is going blue, lots of libtard enclaves that converting it blue just like NYC did to Upstate.

Warning: If you come to KT......(KY) don't bring any liberal politics or belief systems with you as you will not fit.:D

that warning works as well as "no guns" sign. People need to actively reject it, but reality is there are no juicy targets in KY to become bastions of libtardation, plus all they need is enough states to make Fed laws, then KY is f***ed without being infested.

No no no - you're doing it wrong. In the event of a partition, the idea is to incentivize the "wrong" people to move out and the "right" ones to move in. Traditionally that's been via the implied threat of superior numbers.

No, actually in the end there will be a shooting war where tens of thousands of people are going to die on both sides of the issue.

I would bet that will not be the case. The Modified AWB will go through and while it sucks, it is what it is. We need to change the strategy from just saying “No you won’t” to a more offensive media savvy approach that garmers wider support. Plus utilie the professional organizations more

My new position when someone says "why does anyone need...?" is "As a law abiding citizen, why is my private life any of your concern?" Attempting to argue why we "need" something acknowledges that it's on the table for discussion. It is not.

My life, liberty and pursuit of happiness shall be respected so long as they don't interfere with your life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Or more succinctly, "You do you, I'll do me".

I'm..

Fine!

I used to live in Connecticut. It used to be "The Constitution State".
I seriously cannot describe to you the difference in attitude towards firearms between here and where I used to live.
It's two sides of a coin.

But - I've also got Democratic run cities down here like Savannah and Atlanta. Serious culture clash.

I used to live in Connecticut. It used to be "The Constitution State".
I seriously cannot describe to you the difference in attitude towards firearms between here and where I used to live.
It's two sides of a coin.

But - I've also got Democratic run cities down here like Savannah and Atlanta. Serious culture clash.

Atlanta needs to be burned to the freaking ground again. Where's Sherman's reincarnation?

Is this all just a big effing misdirection over the debacle that is the diet low fat requirement crap which has no scientific evidence behind it?

Back
Top Bottom