Compliance Inspection

If the BATFE ever wants to do an inspection of my C&R firearms it'll be at a Borders parking lot. I ain't letting 'em in my house and I ain't bringing them to their Boston offices.

Doobie, they've got an office about 30 minutes from you in Bedford, NH.

Do they? I looked online and didn't see one there, cool. I still hope my license expires or I cancel it before they ask for a compliance inspection.

Yeah, I always list both the manufacturer (or country) and importer. Figured more info is better than less.

I list both as well. However, for model number for a 91/30, I just write 91/30. For a Garand, I would write M-1 Garand, not "US RIFLE CAL 30 etc etc"

Do they? I looked online and didn't see one there, cool. I still hope my license expires or I cancel it before they ask for a compliance inspection.

There's an address where you mail your license to cancel it.

They seem to try and somewhat hide the smaller offices for some reason. But a little digging turns them up.

55 Constitution Dr
Bedford, NH 03110
603-471-1283

I think that most of the smaller offices are largely concerned with alcohol and tobacco, and that the larger offices such as Boston are the ones that do compliance inspections for firearms.

I would write M-1 Garand, not "US RIFLE CAL 30 etc etc"

Oh, come on, getting "US Rifle Caliber .30 M1 Garand" into those thin columns is half the fun. [wink]

vellnueve said:
I think that most of the smaller offices are largely concerned with alcohol and tobacco, and that the larger offices such as Boston are the ones that do compliance inspections for firearms.

Yes, the compliance inspection might originate out of the Boston office. But the Hudson, NH office would be the obvious meeting point for the inspection if the FFL holder wished to have it done outside their residence.

Back
Top Bottom