Ruger PC Charger compliance / FFL transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

aLuckyFourteen

NES Member
I’ve been wanting a Ruger PC Charger and saw one finally pop up online so bought it and having it shipped to my MA FFL. I purchased the “state compliant” version with 10-rd mag but now I’m wondering if maybe this is not a transferable pistol. I own a similar Ruger PC Carbine so it didn’t dawn on me that the Charger is technically a pistol and therefore may not be transferable. I did read the sticky and am familiar with the difference between legal and transferable via FFL.

Model: 29101

Here is the link to the site from which I purchased: Ruger PC Charger State Compliant 9mm 6.5" Barrel 10-Rounds

Here is the same model on Ruger’s site for reference: Ruger® PC Charger™ Centerfire Pistol Model 29101

Thanks!

That is a very nice assault weapon you have ordered. As an inmate of MA you cannot possess that unless you are one of the privileged classes: LEO or MA Dealer.

Always talk to your FFL before making an online purchase.

That is a pistol that is off list, not in compliance with 940CMR16 and has too many evil feature. There is a convoluted path for you to end up in possession of it as an SBR, but otherwise it has to be returned or sold off out of state.

I have a cabinet with multiple untransferable guns that were donated to me after someone bought and had them sent to me and the economics of returning or selling off did not make sense. OOPS...

Depending on your restocking fees/options from the vendor, if that is a no go and the FFL is willing to hold it and help with logistics (ie ship to a NH FFL), I think you can get most of your $$ back selling it out of state. Sounds like you better call your FFL, devise a plan, maybe even list it for sale here immediately. If you can't return it, I think you can just find a NH buyer and have it shipped to their FFL, worst scenario, is what I'm saying.

I wouldn't be surprised if a NH FFL would even give you most of your $$ back "on the spot" just to get one in stock, ie if you paid $700 they might give you $550 to flip it over for $800 in today's environment.

Depending on your restocking fees/options from the vendor, if that is a no go and the FFL is willing to hold it and help with logistics (ie ship to a NH FFL), I think you can get most of your $$ back selling it out of state. Sounds like you better call your FFL, devise a plan, maybe even list it for sale here immediately. If you can't return it, I think you can just find a NH buyer and have it shipped to their FFL, worst scenario, is what I'm saying.

I wouldn't be surprised if a NH FFL would even give you most of your $$ back "on the spot" just to get one in stock, ie if you paid $700 they might give you $550 to flip it over for $800 in today's environment.
He would be better off just having the seller take it back and eating whatever restocking fee is involved assuming they're willing to do that at all.....

All, thanks for the feedback. I’ve done lots of transfers and know better but it was a late-night impulse and having just bought the carbine, it escaped me that this one was not MA transferable. It hasn’t shipped yet so I’m going to call the seller this morning and cancel. It’s frustrating (for many reasons) but I also own property in NH but still have no way of purchasing several otherwise legal firearms in the state.
Thanks again.

All, thanks for the feedback. I’ve done lots of transfers and know better but it was a late-night impulse and having just bought the carbine, it escaped me that this one was not MA transferable. It hasn’t shipped yet so I’m going to call the seller this morning and cancel. It’s frustrating (for many reasons) but I also own property in NH but still have no way of purchasing several otherwise legal firearms in the state.
Thanks again.

If you own property in NH and "reside" there for periods of time, you absolutely can buy any NH legal gun in NH, at a NH FFL, as a NH resident.

Of course that doesn't mean you can bring it into MA..

If you are in the above-described situation, you need to present a government issued picture ID with your DOB (I recommend a passport so as not to flaunt it) and a government issued piece of paper with your NH address of residence (ie car registration).

You should consult the FFL first or ask around, as some get all wierd over this type of thing, but basically you are a resident of where you reside currently, the federal laws about this intentionally do not take into account what your drivers license says.

If you own property in NH and "reside" there for periods of time, you absolutely can buy any NH legal gun in NH, at a NH FFL, as a NH resident.

Of course that doesn't mean you can bring it into MA..

If you are in the above-described situation, you need to present a government issued picture ID with your DOB (I recommend a passport so as not to flaunt it) and a government issued piece of paper with your NH address of residence (ie car registration).

You should consult the FFL first or ask around, as some get all wierd over this type of thing, but basically you are a resident of where you reside currently, the federal laws about this intentionally do not take into account what your drivers license says.
Thanks for the info. Next I’m up in NH I’m going to speak to the local FFL there. I understand that there are certain things I won’t be able to bring into MA but would be nice to keep in NH.

Thanks for the info. Next I’m up in NH I’m going to speak to the local FFL there. I understand that there are certain things I won’t be able to bring into MA but would be nice to keep in NH.

Lookup the definition of it so you understand. The basic premise is, "yep I am living here now".. 2 weeks later "moving back to MA". Happens relatively frequently say between Florida and many states. The key thing is nobody is asking you to predict the future or denounce that your home in MA is somewhere you will ever reside, it's where you reside now - could be a camper for these purposes.

Some FFL's can be a pain about it, some won't be. Technically your MA drivers license and that town bill or registration is all you need, the addresses do not need to match even.

I clearly missed a joke somewhere.

If it was the ATF you offended, the joke (but based in truth because they did it) is upon arriving at your house for some mundane shit they will shoot your dog.

What you were potentially buying here is not an illegal weapon they care about, but that was the jump when you asked about compliance..

gSCuqakaRd9qmOk87_-0dhGYTcbUFYZu-lS00sRrlpM.jpg

Reactions: AHM
I’ve been wanting a Ruger PC Charger and saw one finally pop up online so bought it and having it shipped to my MA FFL. I purchased the “state compliant” version with 10-rd mag but now I’m wondering if maybe this is not a transferable pistol. I own a similar Ruger PC Carbine so it didn’t dawn on me that the Charger is technically a pistol and therefore may not be transferable. I did read the sticky and am familiar with the difference between legal and transferable via FFL.

Model: 29101

Here is the link to the site from which I purchased: Ruger PC Charger State Compliant 9mm 6.5" Barrel 10-Rounds

Here is the same model on Ruger’s site for reference: Ruger® PC Charger™ Centerfire Pistol Model 29101

Thanks!
Did you call the mass ffl first to ask if they would do the transfer? If so and they said yes no problem. If you didn't call ahead your probably f***ed.

I mean.....its a damn odd pistol.....definitely a candidate to ask your mass ffl about ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom