Competition training in 2012?

jar

Does anyone know of any competition (preferably specifically USPSA) pistol classes coming up in New England? I'd love to take a 2-3 day class with a GM to tune up my technique and get some guidance toward the next level.

If there's nothing currently scheduled, consider this thread an interest check to see if it's worth organizing something. If you might be interested, post where you are and what your goals are so I can get a feel for what people would want. As for me:
I'm a high C class production shooter with the goals for 2012 of making B class and finishing in the top 10 in production at Area 7.

I'd be interested in a class as well. I'm a mid C-class production shooter but am focusing on single stack (minor) this year. My goal is to make B this year (and ESP/EX).

You guys both shoot pretty well and just need to work on improving.

For anyone reading this thread and mistakenly thinking the subject is getting started in competition, (as I did) the good folks at Hopkinton Sportsmen's club will once again be hosting the USPSA introduction to action shooting class this spring. We will be advertising and taking sign-ups at the Marlboro gun show the last week of January. Several board members have taken our class and now regularly compete. I look forward to meeting more of you there and at the upcoming local matches.

Contact some of the bigger name trainer and schedule a class. I'm sure you can get enough people to join.

To get the most out of the class, its best for everyone to be at the same skill level

Hey Jeff. I have spoken with both Max Michael and Mike Seeklander previously and both of them would be happy to teach a class up here. Max is $550 per student for his 2 day class. Seeklander is $395.00 per student for his 2 1/2 day class (read his book first!) I took the Seeklander class and would recommend it for anyone around my skill level. (Mid-C shooter hoping to make B and SS trying to make EX) A friend of mine took Max's class and highly recommended it as well. both of them are 8 student minimum and all their travel expenses are included in that price. I have both of their emails and phone numbers if you need them.

Hope this helps, Carl

I think KenL took Seeklander's course and was very complimentary. I'd be up for either Max Michel or Mike Seeklander.

Ben Stoeger is on my short list too; I've followed his training log on Enos for a while. His website says $250/student for 2 days + travel, but he may have raised it since he won the Production Nationals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom