Compensator on AR15 in MA??

Who decides then?
not questioning you just interested.

No one dose it in mass so it's a grey area.

The ATF doesn't require company's to submit them any more.
My understanding is why would a company bother sending there devices to declared a flash hider or not when there's only a few states that you have to worry about. So it's up to us stuck in shitty states to figure it out.

Look at the mess sig is in with there muzzle devices that's basically a silencer with out the outer shell... So maybe the ATF might start making company's to submit them again.

Maybe one of the few states that still follows the awb rules they might have a board for there state . But there ruling wouldn't mean crap in this state . Kinda like bullet buttons etc don't get you around the awb in this state but in Cali it dose .

I know the general rule of thumb tho is , big hole on the end = flash hider . Little hole on the end = comp break (or is it brake damn grammar thread). That's for company's that don't label what it is. Some just say helps with flash and muzzle rise , recoil. But don't call then flash hiders out right .

A few company's do list what the ATF ruling was for us stuck behind enemy lines. But those where in production during the awb .

I'm drawing a blank on the company name , their not as yhm etc . but they are from mass and are pretty clear about what the ATF ruled on the devices .

3epa8udu.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a consensus on the legality of tactical style brakes with the tines on the end, such as the Griffin Flash Comp or Precision Armament AFAB-MINI?

XHP556FC-2T_zpse6e53b01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom