• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A, SAF, GOAL and FPC file against Baker admin on shop closures

We have been F@#ked since the mid 70s
"But on March 9, 1976, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court handed down its unanimous decision in Commonwealth v. Davis: there was no individual right to arms in Massachusetts. Period. Whatever the right had meant in 1780, as of 1976 nobody in Massachusetts had any right to keep or bear a firearm. A complete ban on all guns would be constitutional. The implication for the pending vote on handgun confiscation was obvious. "
We came so close, and continue to be close to total confiscation in this State. Imagine if Hillary nominated any SCOTUS ! As it is infringements hardly ever get an expedited hearing, it TAKES YEARS and it shouldn’t. Makes armed uprising a little closer each time the SCOTUS doesn’t move.

There's a small group of country club bigots, mainly in Middlesex County that, going back to at least the early 1970, have been bankrolling, advising and grooming politicians to push their personal anti-gun agenda. Look at the people responsible for Cheryl Jacques' political career and you'll have a good idea who most of them are. They are influential because of the cocktail party a**h*** circuit and fellatiating the Kennedys and Bulgers, metaphorically & literally, back in the era when that mattered to get them into prime lobbying positions.

View: https://twitter.com/2Aupdates/status/1255246997403074564

I thought the transfer portal was shut down?

Names? Marxine Waters told me its OK to get in people's faces.

Remember in the 70's Dukakis and his lib pals passed a law prohibiting you from standing your ground in your dwelling. You had to run out the back door instead of defending your life and property. when Ed King defeated him the law was repealed. They haven't changed and never will, they are true believers. We must be destroyed and shown our place for their radical takeover of society to succeed. If Ruthie is replaced and say the AWB is accepted and we win they will REFUSE to comply. They will find a way to harass the dealers who would defy them and go to war with us. Sheldon Whitehouse and his cohorts made this clear to Roberts which is why he wimped out on the NYC case.

Well I'm not waiting, I'm been buying and supporting gun shops by increasing my budget significantly for purchases this year. Less fishing gear and more guns.

And in the meantime, I have introduced two new people to firearms. Going to shoot with a long-time friend this coming weekend. He's a virgin. We won't be social distancing and we won't be wearing masks.

Just the other day my town announced a mask order effective for May 1st (I won't comply), I'm commemorating the occasion by picking up a couple more handguns next week.
El Commandante Baker and Evita Healy here in La People’s Republica of Commichusetts says gun stores are non- essential...

Judge Woodlock don't suffer no fools.

The only action today is a set of procedural orders in which the good judge does a double-take about the claim that Baker changed the order to add gun shops and ranges, and then remove them. Grab the popcorn. He has ordered Baker to explain, by noon tomorrow, just WTF happened and why, especially given that they didn't include their "updates" in their original sworn affidavit to the court (emphasis mine):

The defendants in their responsive affidavit (Dkt. No. 62) provide as Exhibit J what they assert is a true and correct copy of Exhibit A to Order 21 listing “Essential Services” said to be “updated as of 3/31/20”. This Exhibit does not include “firearms or ammunition retailers or shooting ranges.”

In order to assure an accurate record of the status of what may have been successive “updates” to the essential services listing as published in connection with Order No. 21, the parties are hereby ORDERED to submit under oath on or before noon, May 1, 2020, jointly if possible, separately if not, copies of all lists of essential services published in connection with Order No. 21, including without limitation any rescissions or modification thereof together with an affidavit of explanation regarding any such action by a person with knowledge thereof.

Last edited:

The only action today is a set of procedural orders in which the good judge does a double-take about the claim that Baker changed the order to add gun shops and ranges, and then remove them. Grab the popcorn. He has ordered Baker to explain, by noon tomorrow, just WTF happened and why, especially given that they didn't include their "updates" in their original affadavit to the court (emphasis mine):
<iframe src="Excited Oh Boy GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="395" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
View: https://giphy.com/gifs/excited-the-little-rascals-oh-boy-S0ULAlJgyptLi
">via GIPHY</a></p>

The only action today is a set of procedural orders in which the good judge does a double-take about the claim that Baker changed the order to add gun shops and ranges, and then remove them. Grab the popcorn. He has ordered Baker to explain, by noon tomorrow, just WTF happened and why, especially given that they didn't include their "updates" in their original sworn affidavit to the court (emphasis mine):

Thank God for screen shots huh?

Out them.

Out all bootlickers.

Before anyone says, "But they're good guys just trying to survive!", no: they're either closed to all, or open to all.

Would anyone support restaurants that were open to police only?
We are open to all. We just happen to do gunsmithing for LE Departments and are a licensed manufacturer.

Except the order doesn’t reference screen shots only an url about a news story. Obviously enough to get the good judge to take a second look; beyond that I don’t know unless the defendants cough up ALL of the updates as ordered by the court.

What if the gov sits back and says "nope, it never happened"

Except the order doesn’t reference screen shots only an url about a news story. Obviously enough to get the good judge to take a second look; beyond that I don’t know unless the defendants cough up ALL of the updates as ordered by the court.

He must be aware that it was changed.
And the time stamped screen shots which have been posted here as well shows the change.

What if the gov sits back and says "nope, it never happened"

Well, the judge's order states that ALL revisions must be submitted to the court UNDER OATH. I don't believe it would go well for the Commiewealth to play foot loose and fancy free with the judge on this point. Then again, IANAL.

It's 16 files but here is the meat of it, the reply brief.

That brief absolutely destroys the defendants.

"If the rationale the Defendants have now put forth holds water, then logically, the
Plaintiffs’ grievance could be resolved if licensed gun retailers would just start selling beer or dog food."

That brief is amazing. Great work, very proud to be a part of this. I don't NEED another gun, but if we win this, I think I am obligated to go buy one to support my local range. Also as a commemorative thing.

I hate working from home.
Every evening I log off and justify my life because I keep promising myself there's an uberti lever gat in my future.

Very interesting hour long insider webinar by Brady bunch about Covid gun closures. Absolutely revolting but worth seeing if you're in this fight to hear their thoughts concerning this issue. Now they're calling their issue "family fire".

As a group they are clueless. Individually they are talk about protecting the boarders, enforcing laws on the books, then they want to add race, sex and other 'vulnerabilities' to gun violence as reason to lock down gun shops.

See that there lump of steel? Yup, it's racist. Don't for the life of you go near it![puke2]

Matt

Obviously. I bought a new bike for my 3yr old grandson last week and ordered a new Specialized Cross/Trail bike from the same shop. It came in yesterday and I will pick it up tomorrow weather permitting. Remember, WE are Second Class citizens.

Hold on while I pick up a DVD from Worst Buy.

I just wish healey et al would admit that their goal is to is to bankrupt independent LGS.
Oh, I'm sure they view it as a brilliant move on their part. Remember their leftist saying: "Never let a good crisis go to waste"! This is a win on several levels for them even if a judge eventually decides against them.

Back
Top Bottom