• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Coming up from Florida

I have a buddy coming up from Florida, is there anything that he should look for to bring up that we can't buy in Mass but can legally have ?

I have a buddy coming up from Florida, is there anything that he should look for to bring up that we can't buy in Mass but can legally have ?
Depends upon what you’re looking for. Couple unpleasant thoughts however.

Need an FFL involved for interstate firearm transfers.

If your buddy doesn’t have a MA permit, he’s not able to legally possess firearms, ammo or even ammo components in MA.

FOPA covers TRANSPORTATION of firearms from an origin where you legally possess to a destination where you legally possess.

(edited to correct fat fingered of "FOPA" as "FOPS")

Last edited:
Depends upon what you’re looking for. Couple unpleasant thoughts however.

Need an FFL involved for interstate firearm transfers.

If your buddy doesn’t have a MA permit, he’s not able to legally possess firearms, ammo or even ammo components in MA.

FOPS covers TRANSPORTATION of firearms from an origin where you legally possess to a destination where you legally possess.
Not any firearms, just bits and pieces that we can't buy in Mass but can own. He is L.E.

There's really nothing in Florida that you can't get in Massachusetts except for physical guns themselves if you wanted to buy a new gen 5 Glock for example it's hard to do in Massachusetts it's routine here in Florida. If you really wanted something that bad you could go to New Hampshire and buy a tax free.

There's really nothing in Florida that you can't get in Massachusetts except for physical guns themselves if you wanted to buy a new gen 5 Glock for example it's hard to do in Massachusetts it's routine here in Florida. If you really wanted something that bad you could go to New Hampshire and buy a tax free.
Cool thanks, that's good I won't have to bother him. tks

Depending on where he is in Florida if he's in the Fort Myers area like I am I would tell him to bring you up a nice big bottle of wicked dolphin rum. Locally distilled my wife loves it everyone I poured it for loves it unfortunately with 21 years of sobriety I'm not allowed to partake

if your friend is a cop he can buy whatever he wants
Not exactly true. He would still need a MA LTC. Neither ammo nor firearms can be purchased without one in MA. LEO or not, does not matter.

He would also need to be an actively serving LEO, and not retired or resigned.

Being an active LEO in MA still does not allow purchase of certain firearms across the board. IE no 14” Mossbergs or Rem14’s whatever they’re called. Many diff types of pistols that can’t be purchased in state are also not allowed for LE purchase here.

The ability to purchase the kings plastic fantastic and AR’s from an FFL is also no longer an option upon retirement.

Last edited:
I read somewhere about some cool Glock switches that are supposed to help new shooters learn to shoot faster so they can be more competitive at matches. I haven’t seen any around here, maybe he can bring some up with him???

Back
Top Bottom