Collecting and One Gun a Month

So I've just read the new 'Gun Safety' legislation points that Deval Patrick has proposed (see below). What noticeable impacts do you guys see with the push for one gun a month? Can anyone from a state that has this already comment? I know I have bought stuff in pairs or greater for cost perspective/found some stuff together that I wanted. [thinking]

http://www.mass.gov/governor/presso...013/0116-gun-safety-legislation-proposed.html

I think one gun a month would cause some members of this board to go into withdrawals. :)

In all seriousness, it sucks. I average much less than 1 gun a month but there have been months where I have made several good finds. Is there an exception for C&R holders. If not, there should be. Sorry, but I do not feel like reading the link as I would like to stay in a good mood.

I'm suspecting some wives are secretly loving this little part as now they have government support! lol

"Honey, now you gotta keep it to one gun a month!" lol

Hell, when I finally found SASS set of Ruger Vaqueros for SASS shooting, the set came as a pair! So I'll have to ask the dealer to break up the set, sell me one and I'll be back next month for the other?

(the loss of FTF would even further cripple SASS in Mass...about the only 'approved' SA revolver (at least new) on the list is the Vaqueros...you want any of the other multitude of SA revolvers? Not from a dealer in this state you won't, it's FTF...if you can find them.)

So I've just read the new 'Gun Safety' legislation points that Deval Patrick has proposed (see below). What noticeable impacts do you guys see with the push for one gun a month? Can anyone from a state that has this already comment?

I think one gun a month would cause some members of this board to go into withdrawals. :)
In all seriousness, it sucks. I average much less than 1 gun a month but there have been months where I have made several good finds. Is there an exception for C&R holders. If not, there should be. Sorry, but I do not feel like reading the link as I would like to stay in a good mood.

NJ has an exemption for C&R holders (even though they don't allow C&R holders to receive firearms directly but force them to transfer them through an 01FFL). The staties don't seem to know about it; friend of mine got two guns within a week of each other and got a call a month later from a statie who was going through purchase records.

NJSP - you bought two guns in a 30 says period.
Friend - Yeah, so?
NJSP - that's against the law.
F - not for someone with a C&R FFL it isn't.
NJSP - We don't recognize C&Rs.
F - then why is the exemption written right into the law?
NJSP - (embarrassed) um... look, my LT is making me make these calls.
F - perhaps you should read the law to your LT?
NJSP - sorry to bother you... have a nice day.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I'm not sure I can AFFORD one gun a month with all the tax hikes that jackass in the State House is proposing... but I'm damned sure going to try if he does manage to ram it through.

Section 21 in duvals new bill .......... more or less the laws don't apply to military, police or what ever agency he sees fir

I have found no provisions for C&R holders other than we can still buy machine guns.
Just not the Mag's. Really I'm stumped. Moving is not an opption for me. If this bill passes do you think prices of guns and Mag's will drop ?
I can see it now...free staters looking at gun broker and laughing. Then waiting for thecprice to drop...as we sell off our shtuff...God bless

It's not clear if the private sale will be done through the dealer or if the dealer will simply be doing a background check. Or if it is I missed it.
Hell, when I finally found SASS set of Ruger Vaqueros for SASS shooting, the set came as a pair! So I'll have to ask the dealer to break up the set, sell me one and I'll be back next month for the other?

(the loss of FTF would even further cripple SASS in Mass...about the only 'approved' SA revolver (at least new) on the list is the Vaqueros...you want any of the other multitude of SA revolvers? Not from a dealer in this state you won't, it's FTF...if you can find them.)

@Boris I am, I am calling my reps in mass, I will be at the state house on Saturday. I have donated to Goal who seems to be absent??? WTF?, I filled out the Ruger mass mailing page for the Federal Push.

So with this 7 round limit I would imagine my Garand will be considered illegal if this passes?

No the garand will not be illegal. Having more than 7 rounds loaded might be illegal. I grew tired and agree as i Tried to cross reference the proposed bills additions/deletions/definitions ect ect.
There is a mention of "clips" in one of the changes in the new proposal. Also what was unclear is if this bill is only for removable magazine fed firearms/rifles or shotguns. OR is it any mag clip belt or any type of feeding device. Also what was unclear is if a firearm with a fixed magazine would be restricted to only 7 rounds ? Will there be provisions for competitions? How about gun clubs what chalenges will they face altogether!

How in hell do you "furnish" a machine gun?
Carpeting, a sofa and an ottoman?

No the garand will not be illegal. Having more than 7 rounds loaded might be illegal. I grew tired and agree as i Tried to cross reference the proposed bills additions/deletions/definitions ect ect.
There is a mention of "clips" in one of the changes in the new proposal. Also what was unclear is if this bill is only for removable magazine fed firearms/rifles or shotguns. OR is it any mag clip belt or any type of feeding device. Also what was unclear is if a firearm with a fixed magazine would be restricted to only 7 rounds ? Will there be provisions for competitions? How about gun clubs what chalenges will they face altogether!

Detachabe AND fixed magazines, it looks like. And belts. Bye-bye to the Garand.

Back
Top Bottom