Coke-Machine Gun Safe

I forgot to mention - the locks on these are generally modular, so it is easy to replace an old ACE lock with a more modern (and secure) Medco or Abloy. The 11 pin Van lock (open face tubular) is a bit more secure than the ACE because the pick tool is more obscure, but it's also fallen out of favor with vending machines.

As a general rule, if you see a lock on a vending machine today (other than an ancient club-owned one in a meeting hall) it meets modern standards of pick resistance.

Also, there is a special drill big for ACE locks that cuts the shoulder blocking the pins, so they can all be pulled out with needle nosed pliers and the lock cylinder turned.

Very awesome! Awesome work. Those machines weigh a ton with all the mechanical and refer stuff in it, how much did the carcass weigh after you removed the guts? I used to have a really old bottle machine and I nearly dropped a nut moving it into the garage.

I forgot to mention - the locks on these are generally modular, so it is easy to replace an old ACE lock with a more modern (and secure) Medco or Abloy. The 11 pin Van lock (open face tubular) is a bit more secure than the ACE because the pick tool is more obscure, but it's also fallen out of favor with vending machines.

As a general rule, if you see a lock on a vending machine today (other than an ancient club-owned one in a meeting hall) it meets modern standards of pick resistance.

Also, there is a special drill big for ACE locks that cuts the shoulder blocking the pins, so they can all be pulled out with needle nosed pliers and the lock cylinder turned.

The thief sophisticated enough to drill the lock out of a Coke machine to get at guns is likely good enough to get in the typical safes many of us have. Let's face it, most of us have a safe or lock box that will only keep an honest man honest.

The thief sophisticated enough to drill the lock out of a Coke machine to get at guns is likely good enough to get in the typical safes many of us have. Let's face it, most of us have a safe or lock box that will only keep an honest man honest.

True, but this was the final nail in the coffin of the ACE 137 (though ending machines had discontinued using it long before the Kryptonite hack was discovered):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LahDQ2ZQ3e0

Do the lights work?

I put a rope light on the inside and installed a switch. The outside light probably works, but I'm not going to hook it up.

Very awesome! Awesome work. Those machines weigh a ton with all the mechanical and refer stuff in it, how much did the carcass weigh after you removed the guts? I used to have a really old bottle machine and I nearly dropped a nut moving it into the garage.

The part that holds the cans is very heavy, probably 150lbs or so.

There is also an interior metal door. I had considered putting a padlock on it but I figured that if anyone really wanted to get inside it would only take a few more minutes to get in, and the added aggregation of having to deal with that every time I go in would be too much of a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
brilliant.jpg

I'm in the market for a couple new rifles and I need more capacity than my current cabinet holds. I saw a YouTube video where a guy converted a soda machine into a gun safe and always wanted to make one.

I finally found a cheap Coke machine on Craigslist last week so I made it my weekend project.

I'm thrilled with how it came out and thought I'd share. I've included the plans I drew up in case anyone else wants to give this a go. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions or need any help.

Cost breakdown:

Coke machine: $50
(2) 4x8 plywood: $60
40" x 3" PVC pipe: $14
(2) Spray Adhesive: $20
3' x 15' Speaker carpet: $30
Electrical (cord, box, switch): $10

Total cost: $184

Let me know what you think.

Mark T

View attachment 145997View attachment 145998View attachment 145999View attachment 146000View attachment 146001View attachment 146002

you should be making these and selling them!

haha. I have two coca cola vending machines. both have the locks drilled out but I have replacement locks and keys for them. I might take on this project. seems like fun. now to find the space in my basement to bring these machines home. maybe one for guns and one for ammo

seen a few of these before but the one I really like is this one.
2_pistols_nice_cocacola_pop_machine_gun_safe__locker__111455.jpg

you did a great job man. hope you enjoy it. have you figured out how to bolt it down or are you going to leave it as is?

haha. I have two coca cola vending machines. both have the locks drilled out but I have replacement locks and keys for them. I might take on this project. seems like fun. now to find the space in my basement to bring these machines home. maybe one for guns and one for ammo

Get replaceable soda can tops and you can have it drop cans of ammo lol.

Back
Top Bottom