Coke-Machine Gun Safe

Nice Mark! Funny thing, I left an upright freezer at the house I sold because I didn't want to move it being about 15 yrs old. Wish I took it because someone here is using theirs as a gun safe. Mine had a lock on it also. Would have been easy to convert.

don't know if I will do it or not. I have to machines that are in working condition and ive seen posted for sale for up to $1000. I think im just going to say screw it and build it anyways. maybe I can sell the parts lol. good thing I got these for free

you should be making these and selling them!

Way too much work and the payoff isn't there, but thanks.

seen a few of these before but the one I really like is this one.
View attachment 146028

you did a great job man. hope you enjoy it. have you figured out how to bolt it down or are you going to leave it as is?

Thanks. I like the shelf under the rifles in your example. I may retrofit to include one. Thanks for sharing.

What's the interior dimensions without your dividers?

You did a great job!

Inside dimensions of the finished cabinet are 32.5" x 53" x 17". and thanks.

Did anyone else besides me read the title as Coke "Machine Gun" Safe?
Fixed. Thanks.

Found one nicely done, what do think think the total weight was, two man job with a two wheeler do it?
Greg

My machine is a DNCB 368. http://www.vendingworld.com/Manuals/Dixie/srs90.pdf Shipping weight is listed at 690lbs, but that probably includes the crate, pallet, etc. Its probably 500 or so pounds, but just a guess.

I had two guys to help to load in into my Honda Pilot and I was able to close the door. I managed to get it out with just my wife's help, but it wasn't pretty. I pulled it out onto the ground then climbed into the back of the SUV. She would drive a little while I would lift up, then she would drive a little more and we did this until it would clear the door. Then I walked it into the garage by moving one side, then the other, until it was where I wanted it.

From that point on I did all of the work (gutting it, etc.) without any help. My brother-in-law is going to help me move it to the basement this weekend with a furniture dolly.

If I had it to do over again I would borrow a pickup truck.

Simply awesome. What's the bottom left one?

In the first image it looks like:
Coke
Sprite Diet Coke
Barq's Mtn Dew
??? Sprite

The bottom left one almost looks like a receipt.

That one is a faded, hand-written note.

When I opened it up there were some extra soda cards inside. I used to like squirt when I was a kid. Not sure if they make that any more. I've never heard of Jumex.

IMG_20150912_071136.jpg

Back
Top Bottom