• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CO Gov Hickenlooper Magazine Ban Revelations

goodzilla

NES Member
Colorado Governor Hickenlooper explains that some staffer committed him to sign the legislation before he had a chance to review it or the facts behind standard capacity magazines. He also admits he didn't explore any of the issues surrounding banning the magazines prior to signing the legislation and only had come to the realization how ineffective the law is after the fact.

This nugget came from the same conversation with Colorado sheriffs where he lied about talking with Bloomberg instead of the sheriffs for advice on crafing the law.

[video=youtube_share;PnO9SDLtm8g]http://youtu.be/PnO9SDLtm8g[/video]
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/18/hickenlooper-staffer-promised-id-sign-gun-law-i-never-thought-would-pass-and-by-the-way-its-totally-ineffective/

Videos like this need to be shoved in face of our esteemed MA representatives. The need to realize they don't know what they're doing prior hastily to voting for this crap.

Last edited:
Wow - his staff committed him to signing the bill... wtf? And how exactly does that happen? Should I assume the whole truth is "my staff committed me to signing the bill in exchange for campaign donations"?

I would have rather have said he hated the second amendment and thats why he did other than "I am an incompetent buffoon and have no actual ability nor desire to perform the tasks I was voted to and am paid for"

And the follow up question from Colorado sheriffs (and citizens alike) should be, "Okay, Mr. Govenor, thank you for admitting that. Now what are we going to DO about it?!?!. Where's the bill that fixes this ineffective legislation?"

Colorado Governor Hickenlooper explains that some staffer committed him to sign the legislation before he had a chance to review it or the facts behind standard capacity magazines. He also admits he didn't explore any of the issues surrounding banning the magazines prior to signing the legislation and only had come to the realization how ineffective the law is after the fact.

This nugget came from the same conversation with Colorado sheriffs where he lied about talking with Bloomberg instead of the sheriffs for advice on crafing the law.

[video=youtube_share;PnO9SDLtm8g]http://youtu.be/PnO9SDLtm8g[/video]
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/...-pass-and-by-the-way-its-totally-ineffective/
Hickenlooper might want to run for something in 2016 and could be trying to unload some of this gun restrictionist baggage. Though that seems impossible, the tactic would probably work on your average fudd.
Videos like this need to be shoved in face of our esteemed MA representatives. The need to realize they don't know what they're doing prior hastily to voting for this crap.
That would not make a bit of difference. They don't care if the bills are contradictory and do not make sense. As long as they impede the ownership of firearms the legislators have accomplished their goal.

Hickenlooper might want to run for something in 2016 and could be trying to unload some of this gun restrictionist baggage. Though that seems impossible, the tactic would probably work on your average fudd.

That would not make a bit of difference. They don't care if the bills are contradictory and do not make sense. As long as they impede the ownership of firearms the legislators have accomplished their goal.

if he gets elected for anything again the whole state should be ashamed, he just admitted he doesn't think for himself or for his constituents

as far as sending it to our statehouse, I agree, those who willfully want to restrict your freedoms are supported by those who just want their name on something that says "gun control, reduce gun violence" regardless of what is actually in it

Maybe... although I suspect, like the general population, most reps actually just go-along-to-get-along (with their party) and don't actually have a strong/knowledgeable personal opinion on the matter.

If he's changed his mind, how come he's not pushing to have it reversed? His party controls the legislature. Because he doesn't, he's a statist gun controller and obviously doesn't like the polling numbers he's seeing. I hope he loses HARD and the R's reverse that BS next year.

And the follow up question from Colorado sheriffs (and citizens alike) should be, "Okay, Mr. Govenor, thank you for admitting that. Now what are we going to DO about it?!?!. Where's the bill that fixes this ineffective legislation?"

Another good follow up question would be to ask him which other past legislation his staffers have decided for him. This development should be exploited mercilessly by his opposition.

Wow - his staff committed him to signing the bill... wtf? And how exactly does that happen? Should I assume the whole truth is "my staff committed me to signing the bill in exchange for campaign donations"?
He must have a USB port in his right hand. They plugged him in and when wooosh! -- off went his hand to grab a pen and ink his name to the paper. Next, was a round of cucumbers and gerbils.......

Maybe... although I suspect, like the general population, most reps actually just go-along-to-get-along (with their party) and don't actually have a strong/knowledgeable personal opinion on the matter.
The prevailing sentiment in MA is guns Я bad, so going along to get along in this context means passing any gun restriction bill, no matter how poorly written.

This denial reminds me of the concept of certain democrats being "allowed' to vote against a bill that the party wants, and is destined to pass, so they can show their constituents they were against it - but only because it was pre-determined their vote would not make a difference.

He must have a USB port in his right hand. They plugged him in and when wooosh! -- off went his hand to grab a pen and ink his name to the paper. Next, was a round of cucumbers and gerbils.......

No, he had his phone in his right hand, conference call with Bloomberg and DC. Only he knows what he was promised... My bet is that he'll show up with a cushy fed job/position as his reward. It's a Colorado tradition.

To what extent can we, the law-abiding licensed gun owners of MA, use the Colorado experience, and Hickenlooper's revelation that "laws like this are ineffective" in our on-going debate with DeLeo?

To what extent can we, the law-abiding licensed gun owners of MA use the Colorado experience, and Hickenlooper's revelation that "laws like this are ineffective" in our on-going debate with DeLeo?
zero help, you think DeLeo doesn't already know laws like this are ineffective? in an ideal world you would use that one fact to reverse the AWB and magazine restrictions, but this is the real world

even in CO with him admitting that, they won't repeal the law

This is like the "is barry evil or stupid" thread.

Pols readily admit they're stupid so as not to be deemed evil.

You guys actually believe this?

I don't for a moment believe it.

He either wants to get re-elected or move on to higher office. This is merely a ploy to distract gun owners and make them think he is just stupid but not evil.

He knew exactly what he was doing and now sees that his power is at risk and is willing to say anything to stay in power.

You guys actually believe this?

I don't for a moment believe it.

He either wants to get re-elected or move on to higher office. This is merely a ploy to distract gun owners and make them think he is just stupid but not evil.

He knew exactly what he was doing and now sees that his power is at risk and is willing to say anything to stay in power.

He's not fooling anyone.

It's pretty obvious he's making excuses for taking a stance entirely out of step with his constituents.

Now his opposition will be able to use his real reason *and* his excuse against him.

i've said it before and will say it again....CO is becoming the new MA/IL/CA of the rockies.

It has also been "full of recalls".
Conviently overlooked by the general media.
Too bad we couldn't have gotten Laura Carno or Victor Head to speak at our rally.
Victor head is running for office, by the way.
And FYI the big weapon they used in the recalls ( 3 for 3) was the IPhone.
They were registering voters / confirming status ect.
ggboy

Back
Top Bottom