CMT Uses Music Awards to Announce Partnership with Gun Control Group

Reptile

NES Member
CMT used its 2023 Music Awards to announce a new partnership with Sandy Hook Promise, a gun control group founded after the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

County singer and CMT Music Awards host Kelsea Ballerini (pictured) opened Sunday’s awards by pointing to the Nashville Christian school shooting and calling for “real action” against gun violence.

Access Hollywood noted Ballerini pointed out three nine-year-old children and three adults were killed in the Christian school attack. She said the six victims “walked into the Covenant School and didn’t walk out.”

Billboard reported Ballerini dedicated the 2023 CMT Music Awards “to the ever-growing list of families, friends, survivors, witnesses and responders whose lives continue to forever be changed by gun violence.”

She added, “I pray deeply that the closeness and the community we feel through the next few hours of music can soon turn into action, like real action that moves us forward together to make change for the safety of our kids and our loved ones.

CMT tweeted video of radio personality Carissa Culiner announcing CMT’s partnership with Sandy Hook Promise:

View: https://twitter.com/CMT/status/1642679292239724545?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1642679292239724545%7Ctwgr%5Eaa0df059fe9572de5af471ca72feba0969e7e885%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.breitbart.com%2Fentertainment%2F2023%2F04%2F03%2Fcmt-uses-music-awards-to-announce-partnership-with-gun-control-group%2F

On April 14, 2015, Breitbart News reported that country singer Tim McGraw was holding a fundraiser for gun control Sandy Hook Promise in Connecticut.

On April 22, 2023, Breitbart News pointed out that Sandy Hook Promise was a gun control group which supported a confiscatory gun control bill which was then moving through the Oregon legislature. Sandy Hook Promise opposed arming teachers for self-defense in Georgia in 2014 and sought expanded background checks for gun sales at the federal and state level.

Continues...

Well they also paraded around trannys finally admiting that CMT is a sh*t show and has been for the past 10 years

Modern Country sounds like 90s pop. Darius Rucker plays a bunch of his Hootie songs at his concert. All of a sudden they pass as 'country' now. Total joke.

Seems that this formula never gets old for the entertainment crowd-

fonzie-shark-jumping.gif

Except in this case CMT has pretty much sh!t where they eat. They will alienate much of their fan base, and not just old people.

Not that I watch nonsense like that anyway, but 1 more reason never to start. Sitting on the sofa staring at nothing is a much better use of time, and more intellectually stimulating, than those PC award shows.

I like modern country music. Its what I listen to most.
So it saddens me that the awards were used that way.

But then again, as Reptile mentions (and reminds us) = CMT is still part of the "Entertainment Industry" and that entire venue (as a whole) is very left-leaning and liberal.
I made a 2000 song actual country playlist and haven't looked back. I add a couple songs a year to it, mostly because of Chris Stapleton.

Wife wanted to watch that the other night- as soon as the show started, I knew where that speech was going.
I just went back to watching funny cat videos and reading NES, Weber grill, and bike forum posts.
Much more entertaining and educational.
I hate that new "country" music anyway.

90% of these so called country artists aren't real country! Nothing but Hillbilly Hiphop! Ask guys like Alan Jackson and such! Pathetic!!!

Why would anyone ask Alan Jackson? Between him and Cyrus (and you can see the disaster he is writ in his daughter), that generation is where the lug nuts were removed from the wheels of country music.

Used to go to country fest at gillette for years and the hottie to fatty ratio wasn’t too bad. Then several years ago, it seemed that the fatties ate all the hotties. And now that gillette has proven itself a statist cuck I’m all set.

“…as a musician, writer and historian, I now believe that country music has a unique opportunity to shepherd conservative Southerners, a demographic essential to the passage of any meaningful legislation, to the table to negotiate gun reform...In my experience, country stars tend toward centrism. The right-wing groups we most often encounter are not our bandmates but our audiences.”

The author explained exactly why his efforts will fail - his audience will listen to him sing but will not listen to him talk about gun control. If he does, they’ll stop listening to him sing. Singers are not social or spiritual leaders,..

all modern music is astroturf AI generated boxxed beats with a pretty face and marketing juggernautting.

last age of musical talent will be remembered as the 90s

Back
Top Bottom