• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP GARAND in308

Thinking of going to Target For some ammo. For the GARAND in .308 From the CMP. That has been in its room for a few years and never been fired . Any recommendations from the brain trust on what it likes the best down the pipe ? Went on line to much to choose from ....

On a budget or want the best? Prvi PPU 155 match as mac1911 mentions will be very, very good at a great price. Excellent accuracy from Hornady ELD 155 but at a significantly higher price. You reload? Order from the CMP their Creedmoor ammo made from Lapua components. Laser accuracy and fantastic brass, but pricey if not on sale.

Whatever you choose, please post results.

On a budget or want the best? Prvi PPU 155 match as mac1911 mentions will be very, very good at a great price. Excellent accuracy from Hornady ELD 155 but at a significantly higher price. You reload? Order from the CMP their Creedmoor ammo made from Lapua components. Laser accuracy and fantastic brass, but pricey if not on sale.

Whatever you choose, please post results.
Or come to OCSA on nov 3 and put it on paper!

You guys are going to be fighting an uphill battle against my 'built by me' Fulton armory M14. I'm just figuring out that thing does the shooting for me :D
I might have to bring the ugly SAI ?
I will have an excuse if you score better than me...

Sorry, I'm extra proud of this one. Somehow I managed to lap for contact, barrel/time, headspace and complete the build myself without breaking anything...not yet anyway.

It was a joke anyway...my off hand isn't nearly as good as some of you guys...not yet anyway :D

No, just saying that I think it's pretty cool that there are so many of us with successful builds.

Back
Top Bottom