Clubs NOT run by Fudds

Probably kind of far from the OP, but Franklin County Sportman's Club (www.fclsc.org) in Deerfield MA is awesome; few stupid rules, three pistol ranges (one of which has permanent steel plate targets installed) and 100/200yd rifle range, plus a bunch of trap fields, an archery range, and an indoor range open 24/7...tough to beat in this area for facilities. Only crappy things are that Vermont Yankee security takes over the rifle range several weeks a year for "training" and that guests aren't supposed to bring their own guns (yeah, like that's gonna happen) and you can't bring more than one guest at a time. Otherwise great, especially for those of us who work weird hours, almost no one there during normal working hours to bother you, and almost everyone I've encountered has been wicked cool, including one guy who let me shoot about 70 bucks worth of .50BMG rounds and refused to accept any repayment because "everyone should get to shoot a Barrett"

I miss that place.

Ayer is kind of FUDD. Never seen anyone shooting there.

I shoot at Nashoba in Acton, and at Shirley. Those are both great places to shoot.

Ayer is kind of FUDD. Never seen anyone shooting there.

Yeah it mostly is, my buddy was a member there and we went a few times and were the only people ever on the range, you have to put up a flag, sign the log and waiver form etc. he bought an AR and he said they probably would want him to shoot it there...he joined Harvard a month after I did after I took him a few times.

Oh and the hours are terrible, especially on the weekends

Medfield Sportsmans Club has never been plagued by the FUDD in my time and it has a good mix of shooters. Never get a crossed look because of my scary rifles. However, I think we are hard up against the member cap.

Mystic Valley Gun Club (MVGC) is a cool place with no Fudd'ery going on. Cool folks there. It is only pistol caliber...being an indoor range, but we also have a rifle competition team that shoots out of...can't remember the other club.

If you're interested, folks hangout on Wednesday nights. Give a call over.

Mystic Valley Gun Club (MVGC) is a cool place with no Fudd'ery going on. Cool folks there. It is only pistol caliber...being an indoor range, but we also have a rifle competition team that shoots out of...can't remember the other club.

If you're interested, folks hangout on Wednesday nights. Give a call over.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know! [thumbsup]

Springfield sportsman club in monson ma is pretty good. Nothing special, kinda rugged outdoor facilities only. Pistol ranges where you can shoot 22lr as well, 25-50-100 yard range and then a 100-200-300 yard range. Nice people own and operate it, as well as a good breed of folk using the facilities. Like I said it's outdoors but there are pavillions from where you shoot so no worry's about rain. tables for sighting and your equipment. I believe they also have a skeet field but don;t quote me.[grin] You can also schedule bird hunt with the dogs if that's your fancy. long story short I like the place it's pretty close to me so that also bears on it.

just an added note, couple of my buddys take me to their ranges, nenamansec in palmer or the agawam revolver club are also nice facilities. hope it helps and have fun

Back
Top Bottom