Votes: 14 16.7%
  • I own a short barrelled rifle.

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • I only own standard firearms.

Votes: 60 71.4%
  • I am yet to become a gun owner.

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
Hey guys. With recent events as they are i was wondering how many of us own these types if firearms. So who owns short barrelled rifles, and MG's.

And if you have both SBR and MG's you can select both.

Last edited:
If I lived in a state where suppressors were legal, I'd own one. You may want to add suppressors to the poll for the free staters. If there were no hughes amendment, I'd probably buy a full auto eventually. As it is, I can't justify the cost.

If I lived in a state where suppressors were legal, I'd own one. You may want to add suppressors to the poll for the free staters. If there were no hughes amendment, I'd probably buy a full auto eventually. As it is, I can't justify the cost.

Good call. But i don't believe i can.

are short barreled rifles considered a class III weapon? I thought a class III was anything that you need an MG license for, and IIRC, you dont need that for SBR?

SOmeone please correct me if Im wrong.

are short barreled rifles considered a class III weapon? I thought a class III was anything that you need an MG license for, and IIRC, you dont need that for SBR?

Class Three is a federal term. It applys to anything requiring a tax stamp IE Machine Gun, SBR, and suppressors for those in free states.

The Green card is just a state thing to possess and purchase MG's.

Hey guys. With recent events as they are i was wondering how many of us own these types if firearms. So who owns short barrelled rifles, and MG's.

And if you have both SBR and MG's you can select both.

Got MG and a SBS, no SBRs yet...

People calling certain guns "Class III" is completely inaccurate. They are NFA or Title II guns. A FFL can pay a Special (Occupational) Tax if they want to deal/make/import NFA items. SOTs come in Class I, II and III. Class III is "Dealer of Firearms".

--EasyD

I Should have left it for someone more informed....

People calling certain guns "Class III" is completely inaccurate. They are NFA or Title II guns. A FFL can pay a Special (Occupational) Tax if they want to deal/make/import NFA items. SOTs come in Class I, II and III. Class III is "Dealer of Firearms".

--EasyD

--EasyD

Amen. However, the confusion will always exist since not everyone knows or is expected to know all the regs and the ins and outs of the teminology. I have been playing with machine guns, suppressors etc. since 1982 (First FFL) and I'm still learning! Jack.

I have a MP5K PDW (BW-89 PDW actually...but basically the same thing) that I SBR'd on a Form 1 and a Tactical Innovations Stratus rimfire suppressor. I would like to get a 5.56 suppressor shortly, just need to work on the money thing first. I did mine on a Revocable Living Trust so I didn't have to go through/worry about the LE portion as my sheriff doesn't believe that civilians, well except for his buddies, to own any NFA items in his county.
pdw1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom