Civilian Public Mass Shootings - Handgun or Rifle?

MaverickNH

NES Member
https://www.journalacs.org/article/S1072-7515(18)32192-6/fulltext

CPMS events with a handgun are more lethal than those associated with use of a rifle.”

Plumetrics shows it got *zero* press - nobody wants to hear any reasons why “Assault Rifles” needn’t be banned...

I pinged the authors to ask why their Office of Media Relations hasn’t done a press release.

I think it takes more skill to be accurate with a rifle. Short range pistol engagement is "point and shoot" and rifle engagement requires more actual "aiming". Yes, rifles are obviously more accurate in and of themselves, but actually AIMING is harder, especially in confined quarters. Also, I think shooters are under the misapprehension that "spray and pray" actually works, even with a semi-auto.

In a "Texas tower" sniper situation or the Vegas shooting obviously a long gun would be preferable for many reasons, but in close quarters I think a handgun would be more "useful".

This is all based on my extensive (internet) warrior experience amd tactical (video) training. Plus, at some point in my life I'm sure I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

I think it takes more skill to be accurate with a rifle. Short range pistol engagement is "point and shoot" and rifle engagement requires more actual "aiming". Yes, rifles are obviously more accurate in and of themselves, but actually AIMING is harder, especially in confined quarters. Also, I think shooters are under the misapprehension that "spray and pray" actually works, even with a semi-auto.

In a "Texas tower" sniper situation or the Vegas shooting obviously a long gun would be preferable for many reasons, but in close quarters I think a handgun would be more "useful".

This is all based on my extensive (internet) warrior experience amd tactical (video) training. Plus, at some point in my life I'm sure I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.
Petroleum products are still more effective. See:
Happy Land fire - Wikipedia
September 11 attacks - Wikipedia

The ACS is an anti-gun organization, leading the arrogant "This is our lane" twitter campaign. They only published this article to promote banning handguns. For context, here is their "consensus" on a universal ban on private gun ownership...

Dr-htOwVAAAQVa9.jpg

The ACS is an anti-gun organization, leading the arrogant "This is our lane" twitter campaign. They only published this article to promote banning handguns. For context, here is their "consensus" on a universal ban on private gun ownership...

Those 22 in consensus sure look qualified to limit an enumerated civil right based on their experience and the guns they own https://www.journalacs.org/article/S1072-7515(18)32155-0/fulltext

22 of > 18,000 general surgeons
5 of > 5,000,000 NRA members
1 of > 750,000 sworn Law Enforcement
9 of > 20,000,000 Veterans & Active Military
22 of > 300,000,000 US Citizens

But 22! Wow - that’s about three times more than in the Chinese Politburo’s 7-8 membership. Talk about Progressive Communism!

Back
Top Bottom