• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chris Evans

Stop using these peoples names.

All of Hollywood is useless. A bunch of rich a holes who play pretend all day. What they think, say or feel mean nothing.

I only use their characters, since their name means nothing. Han Solo is awesome, Leia Organa is kickass and Captain America is worthy to wield Thor’s hammer. Harrison Ford is as senile idiot, Carrie Fister was a junkie and the guy who plays CA is a play pretend wuss.

Some actors deserve respect. Lee Marvin comes to mind, based on how he wanted to be remembered forever on his tombstone. (Hint: it wasn’t as a great actor)

All of Hollywood is useless. A bunch of rich a holes who play pretend all day. What they think, say or feel mean nothing.

I only use their characters, since their name means nothing. Han Solo is awesome, Leia Organa is kickass and Captain America is worthy to wield Thor’s hammer. Harrison Ford is as senile idiot, Carrie Fister was a junkie and the guy who plays CA is a play pretend wuss.

Some actors deserve respect. Lee Marvin comes to mind, based on how he wanted to be remembered forever on his tombstone. (Hint: it wasn’t as a great actor)

Seriously. The arrogance of saying, “You enjoyed me reciting a script that time, so listen as I push my politics on you.” Yet the halo effect works and people listen. These celebrities have more in common with a rodeo clown than some sage advisor or public leader.

I wrote an email to Yvonne Abraham after she wrote "AG faces sexist, antigay slurs after imposing gun ban", written July 30, 2016. Here is my letter along with her rather lame response.
This is biased journalism in the raw. She openly states what her PERSONAL views are. To me this is proof positive that MSM opinions are bought and paid for.

DevilDad, thanks for your note.

I disagree with you on the issues, but I purposely did not wade into the argument over the measure itself. My aim was to write instead about the vile rhetoric that accompanies disagreements over these issues. There is absolutely no excuse for such awfulness, no matter how wrong people think Healey is.

Thanks so much for being civil. I'm getting a lot of ugly communications myself lately, so I really mean it.

Yvonne.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 10:57 AM, DevilDad wrote:
08/03/2016​
Dear Yvonne,​
I writing in response to your article titled "AG faces sexist, antigay​
slurs after imposing gun ban", written July 30, 2016.​
There is no doubt that ad hominem attacks have no place in a matter as serious as gun control. The frustration on the part of law abiding gun owners, however, is very real. As a journalist, you know that there is more than one side to every story and this is no exception.​
On July 20, 2016 the Attorney Generals Office unilaterally changed the​
understanding and interpretation of the Massachusetts Assault Weapons Ban, which has been in effect since the Federal Assault Weapons Ban was sunsetted in 2004. There was no legislative discussion and no due process. Only a "Guidance" statement issued by the AG at a press conference with no notice given to impacted individuals and organizations.​
On that day, tens of thousands of law abiding gun owners and small businesses in Massachusetts were retroactively put in legal jeopardy simply for following the 20 year old established AWB law with the acquiescence and approval of the AGO.​
What suddenly changed?​
The AGO stated that the "Guidance" does not apply to individual "Assault Weapon" ownership prior to July 20, 2016, however they still are considered illegal to posses. Additionally, the AGO may change the guidance at any time. This certainly lacks clarity and is a tangible and serious threat to individual rights. People will react to this accordingly.​
A couple of questions:​
- Why is the AG puzzled by the strong negative reaction?​
- What was the AG expecting for a reaction?​
- Does the AG believe this will have any effect on real criminals?​
- Why is the AGO so strongly targeting the law abiding gun owners?​
Sincerely,​

--
Yvonne Abraham Metro Columnist
The Boston Globe
@GlobeAbraham
f*** her, she's a total anti as well as all the Globe writers. Years ago Kevin Dupont, the hockey writer was throwing in anti assault weapon rhetoric in his columns and I called him on it. I asked if it was a requirement for all Globe writers to be far left liberals and he said yes, guilty as charged. I was banned a few years ago by the editorial staff for calling out their columnists. Didn't Evans slam Brady last year for supporting Trump?

James Woods has my respect. Excellent actor and an absolute savage on Twitter.

Evans to me is a rich drama kid from Sudbury, he just happens to be tall and the ladies love him.

" Not anti-gun, but certain weapons should only be in certain hands "

That's logically equivalent to saying "Not a racist but Muslims should only live in certain areas".

Yawn..... Least likeable character in the Avengers franchise.And that was before he opened his mouth off screen.

Back
Top Bottom